Welwyn Garden City cat hotel nominated
ON paper, the concept of a luxury hotel for cats might seem like a rather bizarre concept and something of a risky business venture.
But try telling that to Abi Purser, the owner of the Longcroft Luxury Cat Hotel in WGC, who has just been nominated for a prestigious award at the 2010 Mumpreneur awards.
The cat hotel in Longcroft Lane has been shortlisted in the Best Start Up category, following a remarkable first few months for the business which has captured the imagination of the world’s media.
After the WHT featured the luxury cat hotel in these very business pages in July, the phone hasn’t stopped ringing at the WGC cattery, with customers keen to send their feline to the swankiest cat hotel in town, and journalists trying to get a glimpse of the luxurious surroundings of the Longcroft Lane lodgings.
“It all came from you [the WHT],” Abi said.
You may also want to watch:
“After that it went mental. We’ve been on TV, radio, newspapers and magazines; it’s gone as far as China and India, and we’ve had 600 hits on our website from Italy.
“It’s mad but it’s fantastic, it’s been really well received.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 8 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 10 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
On her award nomination, she said: “It was a real surprise.
“The criteria for the award is making the most impact in the shortest space of time, and obviously with all the press we’ve had, we must have met that criteria.”
With a media circus and now an award nod, the gamble in setting up a cat hotel has certainly paid off for Abi.
“I’ve already taken bookings for next year,” she said.
“Not bad for a business that’s only been open for eight weeks!”
For more information about the Longcroft Luxury Cat Hotel, call 01707 832000 or visit www.longcroftcathotel.co.uk