Welwyn Garden City carer jailed for stealing
A CARER who stole cash from an elderly and vulnerable adult has been jailed for 28 weeks.
Over just 12 days, Justin Pomeroy took his victim’s bank card and stole �1,000 in cash from an ATM.
The 40-year-old from Stanborough Close, WGC, withdrew �200 from the bank in WGC twice on September 13, then again on September 16, 20 and 24.
Pomeroy’s 67-year-old victim, who also lived in WGC, was described to the court as having mental and physical disabilities.
Magistrates convicted Pomeroy of five counts of theft and handed him a total of 24 weeks in prison, saying the crime was so serious as he took advantage of his victim and these were repeat offences.
You may also want to watch:
He was also given a further four weeks behind bars for committing the offences while subject to a suspended prison sentence issued in September last year.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images