Welwyn Garden City carer jailed for stealing
A CARER who stole cash from an elderly and vulnerable adult has been jailed for 28 weeks.
Over just 12 days, Justin Pomeroy took his victim’s bank card and stole �1,000 in cash from an ATM.
The 40-year-old from Stanborough Close, WGC, withdrew �200 from the bank in WGC twice on September 13, then again on September 16, 20 and 24.
Pomeroy’s 67-year-old victim, who also lived in WGC, was described to the court as having mental and physical disabilities.
Magistrates convicted Pomeroy of five counts of theft and handed him a total of 24 weeks in prison, saying the crime was so serious as he took advantage of his victim and these were repeat offences.
You may also want to watch:
He was also given a further four weeks behind bars for committing the offences while subject to a suspended prison sentence issued in September last year.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield