Welwyn Garden City Cameron makes it five gens again
TO have five generations of all girls in one family is quite a rare feat.
But for this WGC clan it is something they have become very used to, as it is the third time the exact same scenario has repeated itself.
The birth of Cameron Elaine Jones on Sunday, September 19, meant it was the third occasion that there has been five generations of women in the family.
Currently head of the five is Christine Clarke, who is 79, followed by her daughter Jillian Pickford, 59, Elaine Jones, 40, is next, followed by Sandy Jones, 19, and then newborn Cameron.
Christine, from nearby Hertford, explained that the first time it happened was in 1971 with the birth of Elaine.
You may also want to watch:
“There was my grandmother Annie Bland, who had 13 children, my mother Annie Nash, who had just me, then my daughter and then Elaine ... it’s happened twice since then,” she said.
Elaine, from Runsley – where both Sandy and Cameron are also living – added: “We’re delighted with the birth of our beautiful granddaughter Cameron.”
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes