Welwyn Garden City builder to sky dive 10,000ft to raise cash for charity
A BUILDER who is scared of heights is set to jump 10,000ft out of a plane to encourage people to slow down when driving. Daniel Kirby, from WGC, will be raising money for road safety charity Brake, while increasing awareness of the Slow Down For Tommy
A BUILDER who is scared of heights is set to jump 10,000ft out of a plane to encourage people to slow down when driving.
Daniel Kirby, from WGC, will be raising money for road safety charity Brake, while increasing awareness of the Slow Down For Tommy Campaign.
His wife Michelle last year launched the campaign to have a national 20mph speed zone, after their 10-year-old nephew Tommy Kenny was killed in a road accident.
The Great North Road man, who will be skydiving with Tommy's mum, Hayley, told the WHT that despite his fear of heights, he is still "excited" about the jump on June 13, in Oxford.
You may also want to watch:
The father-of-three said: "It's something I've always wanted to do. People say what a great sensation they've had and it's for a very good cause.
"I am nervous, but at the same time quite excited too."
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 9 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 10 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
So far Daniel has raised �620 for Brake. His target is �1,000.
To sponsor him visit www.justgiving.com/slowdownfortommy