Fire breaks out in Welwyn Garden City industrial unit
- Credit: Zanny Murphy
A fire has broken out at a Welwyn Garden City industrial unit.
The fire service, police and 'specialist support units' are attending the fire at the BLM British Lead site.
A spokesperson for Herts Fire Control said: "We’re currently in attendance at a fire at an industrial unit in Peartree Lane, Welwyn Garden City.
"There are currently 10 fire engines and a number of specialist support units at the scene. We’d ask people to avoid the area while we deal with the incident."
Police were called by the fire service at around 12.55pm today to request assistance at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Road closures are currently in place and people are asked to please avoid the area at this time.
- 1 Man in his 40s dies after crash between bus and car
- 2 'Cruel joke' played on residents waiting for pothole repairs
- 3 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 4 Man faces sentencing after trying to rip face mask off woman in Asda
- 5 How many people have been vaccinated in your neighbourhood?
- 6 Police pinpoint football clubs after teenagers caught throwing eggs
- 7 Competition winner captures town's untouched beauty spot
- 8 Teachers surprised by pupils thanking them for hard work
- 9 Pay-as-you-feel hub set up for food destined for landfill
- 10 Police called after 100 people show up to funeral