Fire breaks out in Welwyn Garden City industrial unit
- Credit: Zanny Murphy
A fire has broken out at a Welwyn Garden City industrial unit.
The fire service, police and 'specialist support units' are attending the fire at the BLM British Lead site.
A spokesperson for Herts Fire Control said: "We’re currently in attendance at a fire at an industrial unit in Peartree Lane, Welwyn Garden City.
"There are currently 10 fire engines and a number of specialist support units at the scene. We’d ask people to avoid the area while we deal with the incident."
Police were called by the fire service at around 12.55pm today to request assistance at the scene.
Road closures are currently in place and people are asked to please avoid the area at this time.
- 1 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 4 'Friendship zone' created in Welwyn school
- 5 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 6 Queensway House still not fully fireproof
- 7 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 8 Construction begins on landmark University of Hertfordshire building
- 9 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 10 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar