Welwyn Garden City boy to mark Scottish Parliament's 10th anniversary
JULY 1, 1999 is a special date for Scots. For it is the day the Scottish Parliament came into being. It's also a day WGC youngster Lawrence Callaghan is unlikely to forget in a hurry – for it was the day he was born. Lawrence was one of 163 babies born in
JULY 1, 1999 is a special date for Scots.
For it is the day the Scottish Parliament came into being.
It's also a day WGC youngster Lawrence Callaghan is unlikely to forget in a hurry - for it was the day he was born.
Lawrence was one of 163 babies born in Scotland on that historic date - and all are central to the parliament's planned 10th anniversary celebrations.
You may also want to watch:
He answered a nationwide appeal and, as such, got the chance to tour the parliament buildings at Holyrood, in Edinburgh, with nine others.
Lawrence, a Homerswood School pupil, said: "I have not met any other children born on the same day as me before and I have now made some new friends."
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
Mum Louise, 36, added: "Myself, Lawrence's dad Michael and sister Mhari all went with Lawrence on the tour of the Scottish Parliament.
"He loved it. It was an excellent day."
The family moved from Lanarkshire to Howicks Green when Lawrence was just six months.
So far, just 43 of the 163 Scottish children born on July 1, 1999 have come forward.
Presiding officer Alex Fergusson said officials were working hard to ensure "no 10-year-old missed out" on a birthday party to celebrate the big day.
The party will be held in July at the Scottish Parliament.
Do you qualify? Call the Scottish Parliament on 0131 348 6933 or email email@example.com