Welwyn Garden City boy to mark Scottish Parliament's 10th anniversary
JULY 1, 1999 is a special date for Scots. For it is the day the Scottish Parliament came into being. It's also a day WGC youngster Lawrence Callaghan is unlikely to forget in a hurry – for it was the day he was born. Lawrence was one of 163 babies born in
JULY 1, 1999 is a special date for Scots.
For it is the day the Scottish Parliament came into being.
It's also a day WGC youngster Lawrence Callaghan is unlikely to forget in a hurry - for it was the day he was born.
Lawrence was one of 163 babies born in Scotland on that historic date - and all are central to the parliament's planned 10th anniversary celebrations.
You may also want to watch:
He answered a nationwide appeal and, as such, got the chance to tour the parliament buildings at Holyrood, in Edinburgh, with nine others.
Lawrence, a Homerswood School pupil, said: "I have not met any other children born on the same day as me before and I have now made some new friends."
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
Mum Louise, 36, added: "Myself, Lawrence's dad Michael and sister Mhari all went with Lawrence on the tour of the Scottish Parliament.
"He loved it. It was an excellent day."
The family moved from Lanarkshire to Howicks Green when Lawrence was just six months.
So far, just 43 of the 163 Scottish children born on July 1, 1999 have come forward.
Presiding officer Alex Fergusson said officials were working hard to ensure "no 10-year-old missed out" on a birthday party to celebrate the big day.
The party will be held in July at the Scottish Parliament.
Do you qualify? Call the Scottish Parliament on 0131 348 6933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org