Welwyn Garden City teen to appear on Channel 4’s Junior Bake Off
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City teenager who is an expert at making cakes is set to appear on Channel 4’s Junior Bake Off 2019.
Zak Travess, 13, is among 20 of Britain's top budding chefs, aged between nine and 15, who will battle it out on TV to be crowned the country's best young chef.
He has five years' cooking experience and regularly bakes for his number one fan - his nan.
Zak, who also enjoys trampolining and drama, thinks his cakes, biscuits and profiteroles are good enough to be sold in a coffee shop.
The competition will pit the youngsters' culinary skills against each other during 10 heats, which will all involve two challenges - the Technical Bake and the Showstopper. Four will then be selected to take part in the grand final.
You may also want to watch:
The show will be presented by Prue Leith, from the adults' competition, Bake Off veteran Liam Charles, and comedian Harry Hill.
The first episode airs at 5pm on Monday, November 4.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 7 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield