Welwyn Garden City beauty therapist wins a web makeover
VISITING a business exhibition usually means meeting other people in the same line of work, as well as getting your own name out to a wider audience. But for a beauty therapist from WGC, it also resulted in a welcome surprise – a free website to promote
VISITING a business exhibition usually means meeting other people in the same line of work, as well as getting your own name out to a wider audience.
But for a beauty therapist from WGC, it also resulted in a welcome surprise - a free website to promote her new business.
Sophia Robinson attended the recent Hertfordshire Business Independent (HBI) expo at the Galleria in Hatfield hoping to get advice and help in promoting her new salon, Divine Hair and Beauty, which is due to open in Shoplands, WGC, later this month.
"It's really handy to have everyone in the same space at the same time, and make different contacts," she said of the expo.
You may also want to watch:
While she was there, she spotted a competition being run by exhibitors Locallife to win a website, and put her name down.
Last week, Sophia's name was pulled out of the hat, and her new website is now under construction, saving her around �250.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
"I was looking to set one up [a website], but when I went to the Galleria I saw the competition and entered," Sophia said.
"It was definitely a very beneficial trip!"
Locallife is an online directory that provides an extensive guide to what's on in localities across the country.
Welwyn Hatfield director Christine Southgate said: "The whole idea of running the competition was to give something to the community.
"It's so nice that it's been won by somebody who is starting up a new business. Sophia realised, like a lot of new businesses, that she needed a website for her salon; this felt like divine intervention!"
Divine Hair and Beauty is due to open in August, and will also offer holistic therapies such as massage, aromatherapy and Reiki.
Visit the new website www.divinehairandbeautysalon.co.uk for more information.