Welwyn Garden City beauty therapist wins a web makeover
VISITING a business exhibition usually means meeting other people in the same line of work, as well as getting your own name out to a wider audience. But for a beauty therapist from WGC, it also resulted in a welcome surprise – a free website to promote
VISITING a business exhibition usually means meeting other people in the same line of work, as well as getting your own name out to a wider audience.
But for a beauty therapist from WGC, it also resulted in a welcome surprise - a free website to promote her new business.
Sophia Robinson attended the recent Hertfordshire Business Independent (HBI) expo at the Galleria in Hatfield hoping to get advice and help in promoting her new salon, Divine Hair and Beauty, which is due to open in Shoplands, WGC, later this month.
"It's really handy to have everyone in the same space at the same time, and make different contacts," she said of the expo.
You may also want to watch:
While she was there, she spotted a competition being run by exhibitors Locallife to win a website, and put her name down.
Last week, Sophia's name was pulled out of the hat, and her new website is now under construction, saving her around �250.
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 10 Lessons from Auschwitz: Why we must keep talking about the Holocaust
"I was looking to set one up [a website], but when I went to the Galleria I saw the competition and entered," Sophia said.
"It was definitely a very beneficial trip!"
Locallife is an online directory that provides an extensive guide to what's on in localities across the country.
Welwyn Hatfield director Christine Southgate said: "The whole idea of running the competition was to give something to the community.
"It's so nice that it's been won by somebody who is starting up a new business. Sophia realised, like a lot of new businesses, that she needed a website for her salon; this felt like divine intervention!"
Divine Hair and Beauty is due to open in August, and will also offer holistic therapies such as massage, aromatherapy and Reiki.
Visit the new website www.divinehairandbeautysalon.co.uk for more information.