Welwyn Garden City beauty therapist wins a web makeover
VISITING a business exhibition usually means meeting other people in the same line of work, as well as getting your own name out to a wider audience. But for a beauty therapist from WGC, it also resulted in a welcome surprise – a free website to promote
VISITING a business exhibition usually means meeting other people in the same line of work, as well as getting your own name out to a wider audience.
But for a beauty therapist from WGC, it also resulted in a welcome surprise - a free website to promote her new business.
Sophia Robinson attended the recent Hertfordshire Business Independent (HBI) expo at the Galleria in Hatfield hoping to get advice and help in promoting her new salon, Divine Hair and Beauty, which is due to open in Shoplands, WGC, later this month.
"It's really handy to have everyone in the same space at the same time, and make different contacts," she said of the expo.
You may also want to watch:
While she was there, she spotted a competition being run by exhibitors Locallife to win a website, and put her name down.
Last week, Sophia's name was pulled out of the hat, and her new website is now under construction, saving her around �250.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 10 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
"I was looking to set one up [a website], but when I went to the Galleria I saw the competition and entered," Sophia said.
"It was definitely a very beneficial trip!"
Locallife is an online directory that provides an extensive guide to what's on in localities across the country.
Welwyn Hatfield director Christine Southgate said: "The whole idea of running the competition was to give something to the community.
"It's so nice that it's been won by somebody who is starting up a new business. Sophia realised, like a lot of new businesses, that she needed a website for her salon; this felt like divine intervention!"
Divine Hair and Beauty is due to open in August, and will also offer holistic therapies such as massage, aromatherapy and Reiki.
Visit the new website www.divinehairandbeautysalon.co.uk for more information.