Welwyn Garden City beauty salon is a nailed-on success
BEING a journalist, my job involves a lot of rushing around and can be quite stressful. So when I was invited to try out some treatments at new WGC beauty salon All About Me, I jumped at the chance. The former Sun Studio, on Church Road,
By Lisa Morrison
BEING a journalist, my job involves a lot of rushing around and can be quite stressful.
So when I was invited to try out some treatments at new WGC beauty salon All About Me, I jumped at the chance. The former Sun Studio, on Church Road, has just been taken over by nail technician Maria Hann.
When I arrived I was impressed by the warm choice of d�cor and friendly staff that greeted me.
You may also want to watch:
Beauty therapist Stevie Nash led me through to the treatment room for my back, neck and shoulder massage.
As I lay on the bed, I appreciated the calm, candlelit ambience and the soft background music after my busy day.
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 9 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
Stevie made me feel relaxed as she got to work on my back and moved on to my shoulders and neck.
I could feel the tension leave my body almost instantly as I drifted into a light sleep.
After almost an hour I was gently awoken by Stevie, who covered me over with a towel as I slowly came back to reality. As I came out feeling relaxed and revitalised, it was time to have my nails done.
Maria used a bio sculpture gel to enhance my own nails.
She managed to transform my normally short bitten fingernails into beautiful natural-looking nails with a French polish coat.
There was no drilling or intense filing involved and I was surprised at how natural they looked.
The gel strengthens your own nails without damaging them and once they grow out can be soaked off in 15 minutes.
The salon also offers top-of-the-range 60 tube sunbeds, tanning sprays, waxing and a range of beauty treatments.
For more information call All About Me on 01707 333311.