Welwyn Garden City beauty salon is a nailed-on success
BEING a journalist, my job involves a lot of rushing around and can be quite stressful. So when I was invited to try out some treatments at new WGC beauty salon All About Me, I jumped at the chance. The former Sun Studio, on Church Road,
By Lisa Morrison
BEING a journalist, my job involves a lot of rushing around and can be quite stressful.
So when I was invited to try out some treatments at new WGC beauty salon All About Me, I jumped at the chance. The former Sun Studio, on Church Road, has just been taken over by nail technician Maria Hann.
When I arrived I was impressed by the warm choice of d�cor and friendly staff that greeted me.
You may also want to watch:
Beauty therapist Stevie Nash led me through to the treatment room for my back, neck and shoulder massage.
As I lay on the bed, I appreciated the calm, candlelit ambience and the soft background music after my busy day.
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
Stevie made me feel relaxed as she got to work on my back and moved on to my shoulders and neck.
I could feel the tension leave my body almost instantly as I drifted into a light sleep.
After almost an hour I was gently awoken by Stevie, who covered me over with a towel as I slowly came back to reality. As I came out feeling relaxed and revitalised, it was time to have my nails done.
Maria used a bio sculpture gel to enhance my own nails.
She managed to transform my normally short bitten fingernails into beautiful natural-looking nails with a French polish coat.
There was no drilling or intense filing involved and I was surprised at how natural they looked.
The gel strengthens your own nails without damaging them and once they grow out can be soaked off in 15 minutes.
The salon also offers top-of-the-range 60 tube sunbeds, tanning sprays, waxing and a range of beauty treatments.
For more information call All About Me on 01707 333311.