Welwyn Garden City barmen attacked with brollies
FOUR barmen were assaulted at a pub after a row over football erupted in violence.
The off-duty workers from The Cork had been at the Doctors Tonic pub on Church Road, WGC on Sunday, when a argument began with three other men.
The barmen were followed back to their pub on Howardsgate at around 9.30pm where the three offenders began attacking them with umbrellas, kept near the door.
The workers ran behind the bar to escape from their attackers who began throwing glasses at them.
The victims, all from WGC and aged from their 20s to 40s, received minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The gang of three is now being hunted by police.
All three were white males, one was aged about 32, 6ft tall with brown hair and stubble.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
Anyone with information should call 0845 33 00 222.