Welwyn Garden City barbers opens tattoo parlour
A WGC barbers has opened its latest additional service – a tattoo parlour.
Tattoo artist Jim Lawrence has joined forces with Bladez Barbering and Male Hair Design in Cole Green Lane, WGC.
Jim, 28, has been a fully fledged tattoo artist for the past seven years, but it’s the first time he’s opened his own studio.
“I’ve been working all round the area,” said Jim.
“I started out as a dogsbody like everybody else; cleaning up, making the tea and everything. But now I’ve got my own shop.”
You may also want to watch:
When asked if there was a particular field or artwork he specialised in, Jim replied: “Everything.”
“I take bookings during the week, but Saturday is the day when you can just walk in and get our tattoo done,” Jim said.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
For Bladez owner Lee Parish, the acquisition of a tattooist is the realisation of a long term goal.
“This is predominantly a male environment, and most of the conversations are about football and tattoos,” said Lee.
“It was always going to be a progression to put something in here. Jim’s a friend of my nephew, and he came in for a chat, he fitted in with my guys – it just seemed right.”
So confident is Lee of Jim’s abilities, that he’s getting his own sleeve inked by his latest recruit.
“If I’m comfortable with Jim tattooing me as the owner, then everybody else should be,” he said.
For bookings and more information, call Bladez on 01707 372665.