Welwyn Garden City barbers opens tattoo parlour
A WGC barbers has opened its latest additional service – a tattoo parlour.
Tattoo artist Jim Lawrence has joined forces with Bladez Barbering and Male Hair Design in Cole Green Lane, WGC.
Jim, 28, has been a fully fledged tattoo artist for the past seven years, but it’s the first time he’s opened his own studio.
“I’ve been working all round the area,” said Jim.
“I started out as a dogsbody like everybody else; cleaning up, making the tea and everything. But now I’ve got my own shop.”
You may also want to watch:
When asked if there was a particular field or artwork he specialised in, Jim replied: “Everything.”
“I take bookings during the week, but Saturday is the day when you can just walk in and get our tattoo done,” Jim said.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 7 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 8 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Brookmans Park Golf Club delighted with all aspects of a great club championship day
For Bladez owner Lee Parish, the acquisition of a tattooist is the realisation of a long term goal.
“This is predominantly a male environment, and most of the conversations are about football and tattoos,” said Lee.
“It was always going to be a progression to put something in here. Jim’s a friend of my nephew, and he came in for a chat, he fitted in with my guys – it just seemed right.”
So confident is Lee of Jim’s abilities, that he’s getting his own sleeve inked by his latest recruit.
“If I’m comfortable with Jim tattooing me as the owner, then everybody else should be,” he said.
For bookings and more information, call Bladez on 01707 372665.