Welwyn Garden City barber is a cut above
MEN have always had a difficult relationship with personal grooming.
There are those who see having to regularly shave, get haircuts and generally look well kept as something of a chore, and consider the shaggy, hirsute look as a sign of rugged manliness.
Then there is the more modern creature, the “new man”, who arguably spends more time making themselves look beautiful than some women do.
The line between respectable male grooming and vain over-preening is a blurred one, but a hairdresser in WGC is hoping he can untangle the mess with his new salon, designed exclusively for gentlemen.
Ben Scott, owner of the new Scotts of Welwyn Male Grooming in Moors Walk, WGC, has been in the business for 12 years.
You may also want to watch:
In that time he has managed hair salons in London’s stylish West End, and tended to the barnets of some of the world’s most rich and famous.
Scotts of Welwyn aims to strike a balance between the traditional values of the old fashioned barber shop, and the more modern hair salon.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
“Everyone’s idea of style is totally different,” Ben said.
“Some like to be bald, some like long hair and some like short. We try to keep up with all the fashion magazines to see what’s in.”
As well as providing customers with the latest hair styles, Scotts of Welwyn also provides holistic therapies such as Indian head and shoulder massage.
A tanning service will be available within the next few months, as will wet shaving and hot towels.
Ben said: “We’re aiming for the older gentleman, the city boy and the young guys who want their hair straightened with funky colours for a night out.
“We want to bring a bit of luxury to those that may have missed out.”
n To book an appointment, drop by the salon or phone 01707 390690.