Welwyn Garden City artist’s work on display in London Galleries
THE work of a WGC artist will go on display at a prestigious London gallery alongside some of Britain’s leading portrait painters this week.
Daniel Shadbolt’s piece, entitled Nicholas 2011, will go on display at the Mall Galleries near Trafalgar Square this Friday, as part of the Royal Society of Portrait Painters (RSPP) Annual Exhibition.
Daniel, who studied for an art foundation at the University of Hertfordshire, was selected from thousands of entries from Britain and abroad to have his portrait featured in the prestigious exhibition – a rival to the National Portrait Gallery’s BP Portrait Award.
Daniel, who now lives in West London but still regularly visits his parents in Uplands, WGC, said: “I’ve sold paintings from exhibitions before, so that’s something that could come out of this.
“It’s nice to have a new one for people to go and see.
You may also want to watch:
“I got a bursary from them [RSPP] in 2008, so I’ve been quite lucky with them over the years.”
The Royal Society of Portrait Painters’ Annual Exhibition started on Friday and runs until Friday, May 20.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Liam Gallagher sells out his two Knebworth Park 2022 shows
- 10 Liam Gallagher adds second Knebworth Park show for June 2022
The gallery is open from 10am to 5pm every day. Entry is �2.50.
But if residents from Times Territory can’t make it, don’t worry – an exhibition of Daniel’s landscape work, “Welwyn Landscapes”, will open at the New Maynard Gallery at Campus West, WGC, early next year.