Welwyn Garden City anti-Tesco campaigners holding meeting tonight
CAMPAIGNERS fighting Tesco’s plans to build a supermarket in WGC are holding a meeting tonight (Wednesday) to update its supporters about the development.
The WGC Society will be discussing the points raised in a new independent report, compiled by planning and economic experts for Welwyn Hatfield Council.
The report, by Nathaniel Lichfield and Partners, revealed among other things that the Morrisons supermarket in Black Fan Road could be forced out of business if Tesco’s plans for Broadwater Road were given the go-ahead.
For more on this threat see today’s Welwyn Hatfield Times.
And you can go along to the meeting, taking place in the Terrace Suite at Campus West at 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Society chairman Shaun O’Reilly said: “We will be explaining what the council’s consultants say about the retail claims made by Tesco.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement