Dance school celebrates 25th anniversary in Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A dance school is celebrating its 25th anniversary by taking part in two simultaneous events in Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage.
A dance school celebrated its 25th anniversary by taking part in two simultaneous events in WGC and Stevenage.
Over the weekend, Dance-Beat performed at the Stevenage Hive Festival and the WGC 100 showcase in the Howard Centre, which marks the town's centenary.
The dance school's elite competition squad are also attending the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) national grand finals day on Sunday.
Throughout the year pupils attend regional competitions to qualify, with a record-breaking 23 pupils making the grade, and an additional nine pairs qualifying in the rock and roll category.
You may also want to watch:
Dance teacher Jessica Ward said: "I couldn't be more proud of all the pupils. This year has been phenomenal for the school and I have everything crossed for our competitors as they step onto the dance floor this weekend!"
The school takes dancers from age three to adults.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 Girls of Potters Bar Crusaders happy with draw at hot Harpenden
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield