Dance school celebrates 25th anniversary in Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A dance school is celebrating its 25th anniversary by taking part in two simultaneous events in Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage.
A dance school celebrated its 25th anniversary by taking part in two simultaneous events in WGC and Stevenage.
Over the weekend, Dance-Beat performed at the Stevenage Hive Festival and the WGC 100 showcase in the Howard Centre, which marks the town's centenary.
The dance school's elite competition squad are also attending the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) national grand finals day on Sunday.
Throughout the year pupils attend regional competitions to qualify, with a record-breaking 23 pupils making the grade, and an additional nine pairs qualifying in the rock and roll category.
You may also want to watch:
Dance teacher Jessica Ward said: "I couldn't be more proud of all the pupils. This year has been phenomenal for the school and I have everything crossed for our competitors as they step onto the dance floor this weekend!"
The school takes dancers from age three to adults.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 6 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 7 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 10 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge