Welwyn festival parade will 'Carry on as usual' after pub fire
THE annual Welwyn Festival fancy dress parade will NOT suffer because of the after effects of The Wellington pub fire. It was thought the parade would have to be diverted due to the closure of Codicote Road while builders work on the gutted 14th century
THE annual Welwyn Festival fancy dress parade will NOT suffer because of the after effects of The Wellington pub fire.
It was thought the parade would have to be diverted due to the closure of Codicote Road while builders work on the gutted 14th century pub and restaurant.
Andy Trotter, chairman of the Welwyn Festival Group said the fire will not affect the parade whatsoever.
He told the Welwyn & Hatfield Times: "The road closure doesn't affect the parade and the normal route will be followed.
You may also want to watch:
"There may be a small wait while we move the road closure sign but it will carry on as usual."
The fundraising Hog Roast and Blues Band scheduled to take place at The Wellington on Saturday will not take place due to the fire on Tuesday.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
For a full programme of festival events go to www.welwynfestival.org.uk