Welwyn festival parade will 'Carry on as usual' after pub fire
THE annual Welwyn Festival fancy dress parade will NOT suffer because of the after effects of The Wellington pub fire. It was thought the parade would have to be diverted due to the closure of Codicote Road while builders work on the gutted 14th century
THE annual Welwyn Festival fancy dress parade will NOT suffer because of the after effects of The Wellington pub fire.
It was thought the parade would have to be diverted due to the closure of Codicote Road while builders work on the gutted 14th century pub and restaurant.
Andy Trotter, chairman of the Welwyn Festival Group said the fire will not affect the parade whatsoever.
He told the Welwyn & Hatfield Times: "The road closure doesn't affect the parade and the normal route will be followed.
You may also want to watch:
"There may be a small wait while we move the road closure sign but it will carry on as usual."
The fundraising Hog Roast and Blues Band scheduled to take place at The Wellington on Saturday will not take place due to the fire on Tuesday.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
For a full programme of festival events go to www.welwynfestival.org.uk