Welwyn Festival kicks off today
MORE than 70 events, held over ten days with something for everyone. It can only be the Welwyn Festival Week, which kicks off in the village today (Friday). Now in its 35th year, it will feature
MORE than 70 events, held over ten days with something for everyone.
It can only be the Welwyn Festival Week, which kicks off in the village today (Friday).
Now in its 35th year, it will feature a range of activities, including wine tasting, ferret racing and plate smashing.
However, the two most eagerly anticipated events of the 'week' are likely to be the street market and costume parade.
You may also want to watch:
The annual market will take place next to St Mary's Church, in Codicote Road, on Saturday.
It starts at 9am and will feature some 60 stalls.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 What time will the election results come in?
- 5 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
Meanwhile the costume parade, which this year is cartoon character-themed, will take place in the High Street between 1pm and 1.15pm on June 27.
It will be followed by a family fun event, to include activities such as archery, target football and a tug-o-war.
A full programme is available from the QVM/Danesbury shop in Welwyn; a list of events can also be found at www.welwynfestival.org.uk