Welwyn Festival kicks off today
MORE than 70 events, held over ten days with something for everyone. It can only be the Welwyn Festival Week, which kicks off in the village today (Friday). Now in its 35th year, it will feature
MORE than 70 events, held over ten days with something for everyone.
It can only be the Welwyn Festival Week, which kicks off in the village today (Friday).
Now in its 35th year, it will feature a range of activities, including wine tasting, ferret racing and plate smashing.
However, the two most eagerly anticipated events of the 'week' are likely to be the street market and costume parade.
You may also want to watch:
The annual market will take place next to St Mary's Church, in Codicote Road, on Saturday.
It starts at 9am and will feature some 60 stalls.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
Meanwhile the costume parade, which this year is cartoon character-themed, will take place in the High Street between 1pm and 1.15pm on June 27.
It will be followed by a family fun event, to include activities such as archery, target football and a tug-o-war.
A full programme is available from the QVM/Danesbury shop in Welwyn; a list of events can also be found at www.welwynfestival.org.uk