Welwyn Festival kicks off today
MORE than 70 events, held over ten days with something for everyone. It can only be the Welwyn Festival Week, which kicks off in the village today (Friday). Now in its 35th year, it will feature
MORE than 70 events, held over ten days with something for everyone.
It can only be the Welwyn Festival Week, which kicks off in the village today (Friday).
Now in its 35th year, it will feature a range of activities, including wine tasting, ferret racing and plate smashing.
However, the two most eagerly anticipated events of the 'week' are likely to be the street market and costume parade.
You may also want to watch:
The annual market will take place next to St Mary's Church, in Codicote Road, on Saturday.
It starts at 9am and will feature some 60 stalls.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
Meanwhile the costume parade, which this year is cartoon character-themed, will take place in the High Street between 1pm and 1.15pm on June 27.
It will be followed by a family fun event, to include activities such as archery, target football and a tug-o-war.
A full programme is available from the QVM/Danesbury shop in Welwyn; a list of events can also be found at www.welwynfestival.org.uk