There are three candidates in Welwyn East – read below to find out who they are and what they stand for.
This seat is currently held by the Conservative Party.
Liberal Democrat – June Burnham, of Hertford Road, Digswell
Labour – John Pomroy, of Lumbards, WGC
I came to Hatfield in 1964 and moved to Welwyn Garden City in 2004.
You may also want to watch:
From 1968 till 1973, I served as a Hatfield Parish councillor. During the same period I was the company secretary and financial director of Hatfield Town Football Club Ltd.
I believe that a councillor should be 100 per cent dedicated to serving the electorate, and will make sure that the voice and wishes of constituents are heard within the council chamber.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
I am currently a member of the Welwyn Hatfield Tenant’s Panel and a member of the Welwyn Hatfield Borough Plan.
Conservative – Carl Storer*, of Oldwood, Welwyn