Welwyn clothes store reopens after flood
A BOUTIQUE ladies’ clothing store enjoyed a flood of a different kind as it reopened following a forced closure due to a burst water pipe.
Susu reopened the doors to its Welwyn store on Wednesday with a stylish champagne reception, as customers flocked to see the new refit.
The High Street business – which counts Strictly judge Alesha Dixon among its loyal customers – was forced to close last month when a water meter burst in the offices above the store, flooding the shop floor and wrecking thousands of pounds worth of clothing and accessories.
The remaining stock that survived was taken to the other Susu store in Radlett, while builders refitted the soggy Welwyn unit.
But it seems the enforced closure only whetted customers’ appetites for the anticipated refurbishment, as they packed the store and sipped on bubbly during the grand re-opening.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking on their first day back in business, Georgina Bull, who runs the company with her mother Susan, said: “It’s been brilliant, we’ve been really busy. There were people banging on the door before we opened wanting to come in, and we haven’t had a quiet moment since.
“Lots of people have been very supportive, telling us how much they missed us since we closed and how the village hasn’t been the same without us.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
Georgina described the new facelift as “very contemporary, fresh and bright”.
“It’s looking fantastic,” she said. “I wouldn’t say it’s completely new, but it looks more up to date.”
* Susu is offering 20 per cent off all new Spring collections for mailing list customers until the end of February. Call 01438 718 161 or click on the link above.