Welwyn and Knebworth ready for forthcoming festivals
TWO villages are gearing up for festivals this week with a host of entertainment on offer.
Festivals in Welwyn and Knebworth will both take place between Friday, June 17 and Sunday, June 26.
Welwyn’s showpiece will feature, among other events, open gardens, quizzes, sculpture, a talk on the Cat Survival Trust a tug o’ war and a special Welwyn’s Got Talent contest.
Pubs in the village have got behind the event and festival chairman Andy Trotter has urged visitors to support them in turn.
He added: “I hope that you will as usual turn out in your thousands, no doubt whatever the weather.”
You may also want to watch:
And Knebworth’s festivities, now in their fifth year, will include a light-hearted mixture of singing from Bizet to Manhattan Transfer, Frank Sinatra, right up to Tom Jones and Billy Joel.
A rolling Showcase of Knebworth Talent including the new Knebworth Youth Choir and a village fete, ramble and flower-arranging will also be on offer in the diverse programme.
- 1 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 10 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
* See the links to the right of this page for full listings for both festivals.