Welham Green woman to walk Wall of China
AN adventurous woman is preparing to conquer one of the Seven Wonders of the World in a bid to raise money for charity. Later this month, Ingrid De Meyere will travel to East Asia and trek across
AN adventurous woman is preparing to conquer one of the Seven Wonders of the World in a bid to raise money for charity.
Later this month, Ingrid De Meyere will travel to East Asia and trek across the Great Wall of China, in a bid to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Ingrid said she chose the charity after seeing her father die from cancer when she was young.
"My father died from Hodgkin's disease when I was very young, and he didn't get much support or care, which is of course what Macmillan is all about," the 48-year old said.
You may also want to watch:
"I think they do an amazing job; it's a charity that I want to help."
It is not the first time Ingrid, from Bulls Lane, Welham Green, has ventured across the world in the name of charity.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 4 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 5 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 6 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 7 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Isabel Hospice Lights of Love ceremonies return to celebrate the lives of loved ones lost
She has previously took on the Inca trail in Peru, to once again raise funds for Macmillan.
For her latest journey, Ingrid aims to raise �3,200, and is hoping the people of Times Territory will help out.
"It's going well," she said of her fundraising.
"Even at this time, people are very generous. They can surprise you."
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/ingriddemeyere