Welham Green woman to walk Wall of China
AN adventurous woman is preparing to conquer one of the Seven Wonders of the World in a bid to raise money for charity. Later this month, Ingrid De Meyere will travel to East Asia and trek across
AN adventurous woman is preparing to conquer one of the Seven Wonders of the World in a bid to raise money for charity.
Later this month, Ingrid De Meyere will travel to East Asia and trek across the Great Wall of China, in a bid to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Ingrid said she chose the charity after seeing her father die from cancer when she was young.
"My father died from Hodgkin's disease when I was very young, and he didn't get much support or care, which is of course what Macmillan is all about," the 48-year old said.
You may also want to watch:
"I think they do an amazing job; it's a charity that I want to help."
It is not the first time Ingrid, from Bulls Lane, Welham Green, has ventured across the world in the name of charity.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 3 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 4 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
She has previously took on the Inca trail in Peru, to once again raise funds for Macmillan.
For her latest journey, Ingrid aims to raise �3,200, and is hoping the people of Times Territory will help out.
"It's going well," she said of her fundraising.
"Even at this time, people are very generous. They can surprise you."
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/ingriddemeyere