Welham Green woman to walk Wall of China
AN adventurous woman is preparing to conquer one of the Seven Wonders of the World in a bid to raise money for charity. Later this month, Ingrid De Meyere will travel to East Asia and trek across
AN adventurous woman is preparing to conquer one of the Seven Wonders of the World in a bid to raise money for charity.
Later this month, Ingrid De Meyere will travel to East Asia and trek across the Great Wall of China, in a bid to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Ingrid said she chose the charity after seeing her father die from cancer when she was young.
"My father died from Hodgkin's disease when I was very young, and he didn't get much support or care, which is of course what Macmillan is all about," the 48-year old said.
You may also want to watch:
"I think they do an amazing job; it's a charity that I want to help."
It is not the first time Ingrid, from Bulls Lane, Welham Green, has ventured across the world in the name of charity.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park
She has previously took on the Inca trail in Peru, to once again raise funds for Macmillan.
For her latest journey, Ingrid aims to raise �3,200, and is hoping the people of Times Territory will help out.
"It's going well," she said of her fundraising.
"Even at this time, people are very generous. They can surprise you."
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/ingriddemeyere