Welham Green woman to walk Wall of China
AN adventurous woman is preparing to conquer one of the Seven Wonders of the World in a bid to raise money for charity. Later this month, Ingrid De Meyere will travel to East Asia and trek across
AN adventurous woman is preparing to conquer one of the Seven Wonders of the World in a bid to raise money for charity.
Later this month, Ingrid De Meyere will travel to East Asia and trek across the Great Wall of China, in a bid to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Ingrid said she chose the charity after seeing her father die from cancer when she was young.
"My father died from Hodgkin's disease when I was very young, and he didn't get much support or care, which is of course what Macmillan is all about," the 48-year old said.
You may also want to watch:
"I think they do an amazing job; it's a charity that I want to help."
It is not the first time Ingrid, from Bulls Lane, Welham Green, has ventured across the world in the name of charity.
- 1 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
She has previously took on the Inca trail in Peru, to once again raise funds for Macmillan.
For her latest journey, Ingrid aims to raise �3,200, and is hoping the people of Times Territory will help out.
"It's going well," she said of her fundraising.
"Even at this time, people are very generous. They can surprise you."
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/ingriddemeyere