Welham Green musician bids to win recording contract
A MUSICIAN from Times Territory is in with a shot of winning a recording contract after reaching the latter stages of a national talent competition. Alexis Andreo, from Welham Green, qualified for the
A MUSICIAN from Times Territory is in with a shot of winning a recording contract after reaching the latter stages of a national talent competition.
Alexis Andreo, from Welham Green, qualified for the regional final of Open Mic UK 2009 following a successful audition in London.
The 22-year-old singer-songwriter wowed the judges with his rendition of the self-penned A Girl Like You, to book his place in the next round.
Alexis said he entered the competition just to see what would happen and maybe "get some feedback".
You may also want to watch:
But he admitted he was "really pleased" to make it through to the regional final, which takes place at the Beck Theatre in Hayes on October 11.
There, he will have to impress music industry experts, including singer Dane Bowers and DJ Mark Goodier, plus a studio audience to earn a place in the competition's grand final.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
"I am looking forward to it," he told the WHT.
"It is a 600 capacity theatre."
For more information about the competition, visit www.openmicuk.co.uk