Welham Green musician bids to win recording contract
A MUSICIAN from Times Territory is in with a shot of winning a recording contract after reaching the latter stages of a national talent competition. Alexis Andreo, from Welham Green, qualified for the
A MUSICIAN from Times Territory is in with a shot of winning a recording contract after reaching the latter stages of a national talent competition.
Alexis Andreo, from Welham Green, qualified for the regional final of Open Mic UK 2009 following a successful audition in London.
The 22-year-old singer-songwriter wowed the judges with his rendition of the self-penned A Girl Like You, to book his place in the next round.
Alexis said he entered the competition just to see what would happen and maybe "get some feedback".
You may also want to watch:
But he admitted he was "really pleased" to make it through to the regional final, which takes place at the Beck Theatre in Hayes on October 11.
There, he will have to impress music industry experts, including singer Dane Bowers and DJ Mark Goodier, plus a studio audience to earn a place in the competition's grand final.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 10 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
"I am looking forward to it," he told the WHT.
"It is a 600 capacity theatre."
For more information about the competition, visit www.openmicuk.co.uk