Welham Green musician bids to win recording contract
A MUSICIAN from Times Territory is in with a shot of winning a recording contract after reaching the latter stages of a national talent competition. Alexis Andreo, from Welham Green, qualified for the
A MUSICIAN from Times Territory is in with a shot of winning a recording contract after reaching the latter stages of a national talent competition.
Alexis Andreo, from Welham Green, qualified for the regional final of Open Mic UK 2009 following a successful audition in London.
The 22-year-old singer-songwriter wowed the judges with his rendition of the self-penned A Girl Like You, to book his place in the next round.
Alexis said he entered the competition just to see what would happen and maybe "get some feedback".
You may also want to watch:
But he admitted he was "really pleased" to make it through to the regional final, which takes place at the Beck Theatre in Hayes on October 11.
There, he will have to impress music industry experts, including singer Dane Bowers and DJ Mark Goodier, plus a studio audience to earn a place in the competition's grand final.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 8 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
"I am looking forward to it," he told the WHT.
"It is a 600 capacity theatre."
For more information about the competition, visit www.openmicuk.co.uk