Welham Green musician bids to win recording contract
A MUSICIAN from Times Territory is in with a shot of winning a recording contract after reaching the latter stages of a national talent competition. Alexis Andreo, from Welham Green, qualified for the
A MUSICIAN from Times Territory is in with a shot of winning a recording contract after reaching the latter stages of a national talent competition.
Alexis Andreo, from Welham Green, qualified for the regional final of Open Mic UK 2009 following a successful audition in London.
The 22-year-old singer-songwriter wowed the judges with his rendition of the self-penned A Girl Like You, to book his place in the next round.
Alexis said he entered the competition just to see what would happen and maybe "get some feedback".
You may also want to watch:
But he admitted he was "really pleased" to make it through to the regional final, which takes place at the Beck Theatre in Hayes on October 11.
There, he will have to impress music industry experts, including singer Dane Bowers and DJ Mark Goodier, plus a studio audience to earn a place in the competition's grand final.
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 10 Lessons from Auschwitz: Why we must keep talking about the Holocaust
"I am looking forward to it," he told the WHT.
"It is a 600 capacity theatre."
For more information about the competition, visit www.openmicuk.co.uk