Weighty issues on Simon's mind
HYPNOTHERAPY, I am beginning to learn, is not just a method to lose weight, but in fact a way to completely change your lifestyle, writes Simon Wesson. Since I've been going to see Mark Vasey at 4-Hypnotherapy, I feel like an entirely different person. My
HYPNOTHERAPY, I am beginning to learn, is not just a method to lose weight, but in fact a way to completely change your lifestyle, writes Simon Wesson.
Since I've been going to see Mark Vasey at 4-Hypnotherapy, I feel like an entirely different person.
My attitude towards eating, being healthy and regular exercise have been revamped.
Before, if I was going to go on a 'diet', I would be overly worrying about it, constantly thinking about my next meal and what I can and cannot eat, as well as stressing about the gym - really making dieting an overly negative experience putting a heavy strain on my willpower. Now, however, I am someone who is far more relaxed about losing weight and being healthy. Compared to the above, I think I'm the opposite. For me the focus is that I'm not on a diet, and I can lose weight as long as I build a healthy lifestyle - with healthy food, and I've discovered I'm not as concerned about weight, so much as being healthy and fit. I have figured the two work hand in hand; if I exercise sooner or later weight will start falling off, mainly because my metabolism will speed up.
You may also want to watch:
And having now joined a gym, I have actually quite enjoyed going - which is a near miracle for me.
Originally approaching the sessions, I was definitely open minded towards the treatment.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
However, I must admit I found it hard to believe I would start losing weight without willpower... but in fact I have.
I can now comfortably look at a chocolate bar and think I don't actually want that.
And when I walk past some fast food chains I actually feel ill.
And it's all down to Mark, who uses analytical (or pure hypnoanalysis), as well as clinical hypnosis (sometimes called suggestion therapy).
Not only are his sessions refreshing, invigorating and leave you feeling positive, he also provides you with a recording of each session on CD to keep the information fresh in your sub-conscious mind.
Although weight isn't exactly falling off, I currently feel healthier and within the six-week period I am confident I will meet my goal and be able to continue a vigorous balanced routine.
* For more information about the sessions, the value-for-money Poundbusters group sittings, or to book your free consultation visit www.hypnoweightloss.co.uk or www.4-hypnotherapy.co.uk or call 01438 812114.
* ARE you struggling to cope with your new year's resolution? Perhaps you are trying to lose weight or stop smoking.
The WHT has teamed up with Mark to offer one reader more than �200 worth of group therapy.
Buy this week's WHT to find out how you could win.