Weighty issues on Simon's mind
HYPNOTHERAPY, I am beginning to learn, is not just a method to lose weight, but in fact a way to completely change your lifestyle, writes Simon Wesson. Since I've been going to see Mark Vasey at 4-Hypnotherapy, I feel like an entirely different person. My
HYPNOTHERAPY, I am beginning to learn, is not just a method to lose weight, but in fact a way to completely change your lifestyle, writes Simon Wesson.
Since I've been going to see Mark Vasey at 4-Hypnotherapy, I feel like an entirely different person.
My attitude towards eating, being healthy and regular exercise have been revamped.
Before, if I was going to go on a 'diet', I would be overly worrying about it, constantly thinking about my next meal and what I can and cannot eat, as well as stressing about the gym - really making dieting an overly negative experience putting a heavy strain on my willpower. Now, however, I am someone who is far more relaxed about losing weight and being healthy. Compared to the above, I think I'm the opposite. For me the focus is that I'm not on a diet, and I can lose weight as long as I build a healthy lifestyle - with healthy food, and I've discovered I'm not as concerned about weight, so much as being healthy and fit. I have figured the two work hand in hand; if I exercise sooner or later weight will start falling off, mainly because my metabolism will speed up.
You may also want to watch:
And having now joined a gym, I have actually quite enjoyed going - which is a near miracle for me.
Originally approaching the sessions, I was definitely open minded towards the treatment.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
However, I must admit I found it hard to believe I would start losing weight without willpower... but in fact I have.
I can now comfortably look at a chocolate bar and think I don't actually want that.
And when I walk past some fast food chains I actually feel ill.
And it's all down to Mark, who uses analytical (or pure hypnoanalysis), as well as clinical hypnosis (sometimes called suggestion therapy).
Not only are his sessions refreshing, invigorating and leave you feeling positive, he also provides you with a recording of each session on CD to keep the information fresh in your sub-conscious mind.
Although weight isn't exactly falling off, I currently feel healthier and within the six-week period I am confident I will meet my goal and be able to continue a vigorous balanced routine.
* For more information about the sessions, the value-for-money Poundbusters group sittings, or to book your free consultation visit www.hypnoweightloss.co.uk or www.4-hypnotherapy.co.uk or call 01438 812114.
* ARE you struggling to cope with your new year's resolution? Perhaps you are trying to lose weight or stop smoking.
The WHT has teamed up with Mark to offer one reader more than �200 worth of group therapy.
Buy this week's WHT to find out how you could win.