Yellow weather warning for very strong winds across Hertfordshire
- Credit: Google Streetview
The Met Office is warning of possible disruption to power supply and transport in a wind warning affecting Welwyn Hatfield, St Albans, Harpenden, Stevenage, Hitchin, Potters Bar, Royston and beyond.
Between tonight (Wednesday, February 6) and 6pm on Saturday, weather forecasters have told us to expect spells of very strong winds.
They will gust across the south of England and Wales at night time on Wednesday and Thursday, and in the afternoons on Friday and Saturday.
The Met Office says that we can expect likely delays on road, air, rail and ferry transport and particular issues for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges.
There is also the possibility of short term power outages.
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures will stay between 6°C and 10°C, but may feel colder, and there is also a very high chance of heavy rain tonight and on Friday afternoon.
- 1 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 2 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 3 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 8 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 9 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- 10 Multiple fines issued to partygoers at 'dangerous' music event