Yellow weather warning for very strong winds across Hertfordshire
- Credit: Google Streetview
The Met Office is warning of possible disruption to power supply and transport in a wind warning affecting Welwyn Hatfield, St Albans, Harpenden, Stevenage, Hitchin, Potters Bar, Royston and beyond.
Between tonight (Wednesday, February 6) and 6pm on Saturday, weather forecasters have told us to expect spells of very strong winds.
They will gust across the south of England and Wales at night time on Wednesday and Thursday, and in the afternoons on Friday and Saturday.
The Met Office says that we can expect likely delays on road, air, rail and ferry transport and particular issues for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges.
There is also the possibility of short term power outages.
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures will stay between 6°C and 10°C, but may feel colder, and there is also a very high chance of heavy rain tonight and on Friday afternoon.
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 9 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 10 Man found with head injuries following assault