Storm weather warning in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for thunderstorms that may hit Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar before dawn.
After days of bright sunshine, the light has taken an ominous shade, heralding a break from the heat and potential thunderstorms.
The stormy weather is predicted to land between the rest of today (August 7) and 3am (August 8), bringing thundery showers.
Temperatures, which reached a high of 29°C today, are not predicted to climb higher than 20°C tomorrow.
Thirsty lawns will appreciate the forecast for Thursday (August 9), which has a 60 per cent chance of further rain.
You may also want to watch:
The yellow weather alert covers much of the East of England, and warns: “There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost.
“Where lightning strikes or flooding occurs, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
“Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
“There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds.”