Storm weather warning in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for thunderstorms that may hit Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar before dawn.
After days of bright sunshine, the light has taken an ominous shade, heralding a break from the heat and potential thunderstorms.
The stormy weather is predicted to land between the rest of today (August 7) and 3am (August 8), bringing thundery showers.
Temperatures, which reached a high of 29°C today, are not predicted to climb higher than 20°C tomorrow.
Thirsty lawns will appreciate the forecast for Thursday (August 9), which has a 60 per cent chance of further rain.
You may also want to watch:
The yellow weather alert covers much of the East of England, and warns: “There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost.
“Where lightning strikes or flooding occurs, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
“Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
“There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds.”