Storm weather warning in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for thunderstorms that may hit Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar before dawn.
After days of bright sunshine, the light has taken an ominous shade, heralding a break from the heat and potential thunderstorms.
The stormy weather is predicted to land between the rest of today (August 7) and 3am (August 8), bringing thundery showers.
Temperatures, which reached a high of 29°C today, are not predicted to climb higher than 20°C tomorrow.
Thirsty lawns will appreciate the forecast for Thursday (August 9), which has a 60 per cent chance of further rain.
You may also want to watch:
The yellow weather alert covers much of the East of England, and warns: “There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost.
“Where lightning strikes or flooding occurs, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 5 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Hatfield United up and running in Herts County League cup after defeat of Hertford Heath
“Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
“There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds.”