Storm weather warning in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for thunderstorms that may hit Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar before dawn.
After days of bright sunshine, the light has taken an ominous shade, heralding a break from the heat and potential thunderstorms.
The stormy weather is predicted to land between the rest of today (August 7) and 3am (August 8), bringing thundery showers.
Temperatures, which reached a high of 29°C today, are not predicted to climb higher than 20°C tomorrow.
Thirsty lawns will appreciate the forecast for Thursday (August 9), which has a 60 per cent chance of further rain.
You may also want to watch:
The yellow weather alert covers much of the East of England, and warns: “There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost.
“Where lightning strikes or flooding occurs, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 5 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
“Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
“There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds.”