One year after the Beast from the East, Welwyn Garden City soaked up the winter sun
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Garden City was bathed in sunshine this week, but this time last year, it was covered in snow.
On each of these images you can compare the difference at locations across the town centre by moving the slider left and right.
The Campus, Coronation Fountain, The Howard Centre, John Lewis and Parkway were rather different sights yesterday compared with a year ago.
The unseasonably warm spell of late, which - we’re sorry to say - has come to an end, was in stark contrast to the bitterly cold conditions brought by the Beast from the East.
After a forecast high of 17°C yesterday, the Met Office predicts “a rather cloudier and noticeably cooler day” today, with developing showers and a maximum temperature of 13°C.
You may also want to watch:
It will be cooler still as we head into the weekend, when more rain - but no snow - is likely.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 6 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 7 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 8 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?