One year after the Beast from the East, Welwyn Garden City soaked up the winter sun
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Garden City was bathed in sunshine this week, but this time last year, it was covered in snow.
On each of these images you can compare the difference at locations across the town centre by moving the slider left and right.
The Campus, Coronation Fountain, The Howard Centre, John Lewis and Parkway were rather different sights yesterday compared with a year ago.
The unseasonably warm spell of late, which - we’re sorry to say - has come to an end, was in stark contrast to the bitterly cold conditions brought by the Beast from the East.
After a forecast high of 17°C yesterday, the Met Office predicts “a rather cloudier and noticeably cooler day” today, with developing showers and a maximum temperature of 13°C.
You may also want to watch:
It will be cooler still as we head into the weekend, when more rain - but no snow - is likely.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 7 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement