One year after the Beast from the East, Welwyn Garden City soaked up the winter sun
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Garden City was bathed in sunshine this week, but this time last year, it was covered in snow.
On each of these images you can compare the difference at locations across the town centre by moving the slider left and right.
The Campus, Coronation Fountain, The Howard Centre, John Lewis and Parkway were rather different sights yesterday compared with a year ago.
The unseasonably warm spell of late, which - we’re sorry to say - has come to an end, was in stark contrast to the bitterly cold conditions brought by the Beast from the East.
After a forecast high of 17°C yesterday, the Met Office predicts “a rather cloudier and noticeably cooler day” today, with developing showers and a maximum temperature of 13°C.
You may also want to watch:
It will be cooler still as we head into the weekend, when more rain - but no snow - is likely.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 9 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 10 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years