One year after the Beast from the East, Welwyn Garden City soaked up the winter sun
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Garden City was bathed in sunshine this week, but this time last year, it was covered in snow.
On each of these images you can compare the difference at locations across the town centre by moving the slider left and right.
The Campus, Coronation Fountain, The Howard Centre, John Lewis and Parkway were rather different sights yesterday compared with a year ago.
The unseasonably warm spell of late, which - we’re sorry to say - has come to an end, was in stark contrast to the bitterly cold conditions brought by the Beast from the East.
After a forecast high of 17°C yesterday, the Met Office predicts “a rather cloudier and noticeably cooler day” today, with developing showers and a maximum temperature of 13°C.
You may also want to watch:
It will be cooler still as we head into the weekend, when more rain - but no snow - is likely.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 9 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 10 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him