Weather warning for Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield for early tomorrow morning.
The warning is in place from midnight until 9am tomorrow.
The Met Office is warning of strong winds early on, clearing by mid morning.
It states online that road and rail services “may be affected, with longer journey times and cancellations”.
“There is also a possibility that some bridges may close.
You may also want to watch:
“Power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage.
“Injuries and danger to life from flying debris are possible, along with some damage to buildings.”
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
Heavy rain is forecast from midnight until about 2am.
It should then get lighter and by 10am we should have a few hours of sunshine.