Yellow weather warning for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
Hold on to your hats - the Met Office has issued a yellow warning for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar.
Weather forecasters are warning of the potential for very strong winds on Thursday evening and overnight into Friday morning.
The Met Office yellow weather warning for the area means there is a chance of damage to buildings thanks to tiles being blown from roofs or through falling tree branches.
Today, the gusty wind has already being causing havoc with a tree coming down in Potters Bar and blocking the road.
Police were called shortly after 1pm after the tree came down in Church Road.
You may also want to watch:
Herts County Council tweeted this afternoon: “Due to high winds across the country, we have fallen trees across Hertfordshire causing delays, but our emergency crews are working hard to get these cleared.
“Please be patient we will get there.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 9 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
The Met Office forecast for the region is early evening showers today.
Tomorrow, Thursday, most parts are expected to be dry and bright with a maximum temperature of 22 °C.
Friday is set to be “cooler and windy with sunny spells and scattered, blustery showers”, according to the Met Office.
Looking ahead to the weekend, there may be some rain during the later part of Saturday.
Sunday is likely to be blustery with the possibility of heavy rain.
A yellow weather warning is also in place for Sunday and Monday due to strong wind.