Yellow weather warning for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
Hold on to your hats - the Met Office has issued a yellow warning for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar.
Weather forecasters are warning of the potential for very strong winds on Thursday evening and overnight into Friday morning.
The Met Office yellow weather warning for the area means there is a chance of damage to buildings thanks to tiles being blown from roofs or through falling tree branches.
Today, the gusty wind has already being causing havoc with a tree coming down in Potters Bar and blocking the road.
Police were called shortly after 1pm after the tree came down in Church Road.
Herts County Council tweeted this afternoon: “Due to high winds across the country, we have fallen trees across Hertfordshire causing delays, but our emergency crews are working hard to get these cleared.
“Please be patient we will get there.”
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 4 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 5 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 8 Cuffley home care company recognised among best in east of England
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Local man will be flying high in an effort to raise much needed funds for Potential Kids
The Met Office forecast for the region is early evening showers today.
Tomorrow, Thursday, most parts are expected to be dry and bright with a maximum temperature of 22 °C.
Friday is set to be “cooler and windy with sunny spells and scattered, blustery showers”, according to the Met Office.
Looking ahead to the weekend, there may be some rain during the later part of Saturday.
Sunday is likely to be blustery with the possibility of heavy rain.
A yellow weather warning is also in place for Sunday and Monday due to strong wind.