Welwyn Hatfield’s best snow pics and weather forecast
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Welwyn Hatfield woke up to a winter wonderland this morning and we’ve gathered some of the best pics from the recent cold snap.
The Met Office’s yellow weather warning for the borough continues through to Saturday 11am, when icy patches are expected as the snow recedes.
Temperatures will remain at around 1°C, but will feel colder, with an added 50 per cent chance of sleet by 3pm today.
There’s a 70 per cent likelihood of more snow overnight, but by 11am tomorrow there should be a peep of sunshine through the endless cloud.
By Sunday, the current weather warning is predicted to have passed, but temperatures will still hover around zero and will often feel colder.
Enjoy the 9am promise of sunshine while you can, as it will get progressively gloomier - and possibly rainy - by 9pm.
After this, the week ahead looks cloudy and it may reach a positively balmy 9°C.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 4 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 7 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital
- 10 Flooding in Hatfield 'damages' vehicles
• Snapped your dog catching a snowball? Did your kids make the street’s best snowman? Email us the best pics of your snow shenanigans to email@example.com