Welwyn Hatfield’s best snow pics and weather forecast
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Welwyn Hatfield woke up to a winter wonderland this morning and we’ve gathered some of the best pics from the recent cold snap.
The Met Office’s yellow weather warning for the borough continues through to Saturday 11am, when icy patches are expected as the snow recedes.
Temperatures will remain at around 1°C, but will feel colder, with an added 50 per cent chance of sleet by 3pm today.
There’s a 70 per cent likelihood of more snow overnight, but by 11am tomorrow there should be a peep of sunshine through the endless cloud.
By Sunday, the current weather warning is predicted to have passed, but temperatures will still hover around zero and will often feel colder.
You may also want to watch:
Enjoy the 9am promise of sunshine while you can, as it will get progressively gloomier - and possibly rainy - by 9pm.
After this, the week ahead looks cloudy and it may reach a positively balmy 9°C.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 7 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 8 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
• Snapped your dog catching a snowball? Did your kids make the street’s best snowman? Email us the best pics of your snow shenanigans to firstname.lastname@example.org