Welwyn Hatfield forecast to be as hot as Ibiza this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Get the shorts and swingball out! Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield are forecast to be as hot as Ibiza this weekend.
The Met Office has forecast 19C for this weekend, and say it could get into the twenties.
Ibiza has also been forecast for 19C for Sunday.
It’s all due to a high pressure front, which has been giving us warm weather and chilly nights all week.
This will pull away over the weekend, but instead we will be getting weather from the continental countries to the South, rather than from the South-West as we are currently getting.
You may also want to watch:
Meaning the temperatures will rise to the low twenties in some places.
This, the Met Office says, is well above average for the time of year and is considered “notable, but not exceptional”.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
However, these sunny climates are well short of the maximum temperature which has been recorded for this time of year.
The record was made in Camden on Saturday, April 16 1949, with a temperature of 29.4C.