Welwyn Hatfield forecast to be as hot as Ibiza this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Get the shorts and swingball out! Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield are forecast to be as hot as Ibiza this weekend.
The Met Office has forecast 19C for this weekend, and say it could get into the twenties.
Ibiza has also been forecast for 19C for Sunday.
It’s all due to a high pressure front, which has been giving us warm weather and chilly nights all week.
This will pull away over the weekend, but instead we will be getting weather from the continental countries to the South, rather than from the South-West as we are currently getting.
You may also want to watch:
Meaning the temperatures will rise to the low twenties in some places.
This, the Met Office says, is well above average for the time of year and is considered “notable, but not exceptional”.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 8 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
However, these sunny climates are well short of the maximum temperature which has been recorded for this time of year.
The record was made in Camden on Saturday, April 16 1949, with a temperature of 29.4C.