Welwyn Hatfield forecast to be as hot as Ibiza this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Get the shorts and swingball out! Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield are forecast to be as hot as Ibiza this weekend.
The Met Office has forecast 19C for this weekend, and say it could get into the twenties.
Ibiza has also been forecast for 19C for Sunday.
It’s all due to a high pressure front, which has been giving us warm weather and chilly nights all week.
This will pull away over the weekend, but instead we will be getting weather from the continental countries to the South, rather than from the South-West as we are currently getting.
Meaning the temperatures will rise to the low twenties in some places.
This, the Met Office says, is well above average for the time of year and is considered “notable, but not exceptional”.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 4 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 5 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 6 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 7 Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat finally comes to Potters Bar's Wyllyotts Theatre
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 10 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital
However, these sunny climates are well short of the maximum temperature which has been recorded for this time of year.
The record was made in Camden on Saturday, April 16 1949, with a temperature of 29.4C.