Welwyn Hatfield Council services disrupted
REFUSE and recycling rounds have been cancelled across Welwyn Hatfield this morning due to the snow.
The area’s elderly and vulnerable who receive a meals on wheels service were supplied with tins of soup earlier in the week to prepare for today’s adverse weather.
However 13 residents have said they cannot manage without a hot meal, and Welwyn Hatfield Council chief executive Michel Saminaden is delivering the food himself.
Mr Saminaden will be using his own 4x4 to get out to the most needy, a move welcomed after the council was criticised for cancelling the vital service in February.
Meals on wheels staff are calling all affected clients.
You may also want to watch:
Council buildings remain open as usual today.
*Send us your pictures of the snow - are you stuck in traffic or building a snowman?
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre