Welwyn Hatfield Council services disrupted
REFUSE and recycling rounds have been cancelled across Welwyn Hatfield this morning due to the snow.
The area’s elderly and vulnerable who receive a meals on wheels service were supplied with tins of soup earlier in the week to prepare for today’s adverse weather.
However 13 residents have said they cannot manage without a hot meal, and Welwyn Hatfield Council chief executive Michel Saminaden is delivering the food himself.
Mr Saminaden will be using his own 4x4 to get out to the most needy, a move welcomed after the council was criticised for cancelling the vital service in February.
Meals on wheels staff are calling all affected clients.
Council buildings remain open as usual today.
*Send us your pictures of the snow - are you stuck in traffic or building a snowman?
- 1 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 2 Snakes abandoned in pillow case outside Potters Bar reptile shop
- 3 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 4 Dancing in the streets at first WGC Vintage Festival
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 7 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 8 Children take to the stage for Potters Bar talent show
- 9 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 10 Potters Bar RSPCA looking for new homes for farm animals