Welwyn Hatfield Council services disrupted
REFUSE and recycling rounds have been cancelled across Welwyn Hatfield this morning due to the snow.
The area’s elderly and vulnerable who receive a meals on wheels service were supplied with tins of soup earlier in the week to prepare for today’s adverse weather.
However 13 residents have said they cannot manage without a hot meal, and Welwyn Hatfield Council chief executive Michel Saminaden is delivering the food himself.
Mr Saminaden will be using his own 4x4 to get out to the most needy, a move welcomed after the council was criticised for cancelling the vital service in February.
Meals on wheels staff are calling all affected clients.
Council buildings remain open as usual today.
*Send us your pictures of the snow - are you stuck in traffic or building a snowman?
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 3 Work begins on Welwyn Garden City’s new-look Anniversary Gardens
- 4 Buyers can now reserve an apartment in Hatfield Rise
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 Cash stolen from elderly man using bank ATM
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 9 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 10 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure