Welwyn Hatfield Council services disrupted
REFUSE and recycling rounds have been cancelled across Welwyn Hatfield this morning due to the snow.
The area’s elderly and vulnerable who receive a meals on wheels service were supplied with tins of soup earlier in the week to prepare for today’s adverse weather.
However 13 residents have said they cannot manage without a hot meal, and Welwyn Hatfield Council chief executive Michel Saminaden is delivering the food himself.
Mr Saminaden will be using his own 4x4 to get out to the most needy, a move welcomed after the council was criticised for cancelling the vital service in February.
Meals on wheels staff are calling all affected clients.
You may also want to watch:
Council buildings remain open as usual today.
*Send us your pictures of the snow - are you stuck in traffic or building a snowman?
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline