Welwyn Hatfield Council services disrupted
REFUSE and recycling rounds have been cancelled across Welwyn Hatfield this morning due to the snow.
The area’s elderly and vulnerable who receive a meals on wheels service were supplied with tins of soup earlier in the week to prepare for today’s adverse weather.
However 13 residents have said they cannot manage without a hot meal, and Welwyn Hatfield Council chief executive Michel Saminaden is delivering the food himself.
Mr Saminaden will be using his own 4x4 to get out to the most needy, a move welcomed after the council was criticised for cancelling the vital service in February.
Meals on wheels staff are calling all affected clients.
You may also want to watch:
Council buildings remain open as usual today.
*Send us your pictures of the snow - are you stuck in traffic or building a snowman?
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 7 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 10 Lessons from Auschwitz: Why we must keep talking about the Holocaust