New Year’s Eve weather forecast for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Mia Jankowicz
The cold snap continues in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar: here’s the weather forecast to help you get around today and for the remainder of 2017.
Though the snow has melted in many areas, some footpaths are still slippery with black ice after a crystal clear night last night.
A sunny day is forecast, with visibility rated good or very good, and temperatures between -1° and 3°.
However, with wind speeds of up to 23mph in the morning temperatures may feel as low as -6°, the Met Office states.
This looks like the last of the bright sunshine for the next seven days however, with a 90 per cent chance of heavy rain between 6-9am tomorrow.
After this, no further dramatic weather is predicted, and temperatures will improve to up to 7° before New Year’s Eve.
There is a low chance of rain and fairly constant cloud cover, with light breezes of up to 19mph to round off the year.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 4 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 5 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 6 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 7 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 8 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Tournament's return brings huge joy to Welwyn Garden City Youth Football Club
You may get a peep of sunlight if you’re awake for New Year’s breakfast, but the first lunch break of 2018 (or hopefully, your first lazy brunch) has a 60 per cent chance of being rainy with grey skies.