New Year’s Eve weather forecast for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Mia Jankowicz
The cold snap continues in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar: here’s the weather forecast to help you get around today and for the remainder of 2017.
Though the snow has melted in many areas, some footpaths are still slippery with black ice after a crystal clear night last night.
A sunny day is forecast, with visibility rated good or very good, and temperatures between -1° and 3°.
However, with wind speeds of up to 23mph in the morning temperatures may feel as low as -6°, the Met Office states.
This looks like the last of the bright sunshine for the next seven days however, with a 90 per cent chance of heavy rain between 6-9am tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
After this, no further dramatic weather is predicted, and temperatures will improve to up to 7° before New Year’s Eve.
There is a low chance of rain and fairly constant cloud cover, with light breezes of up to 19mph to round off the year.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
You may get a peep of sunlight if you’re awake for New Year’s breakfast, but the first lunch break of 2018 (or hopefully, your first lazy brunch) has a 60 per cent chance of being rainy with grey skies.