New Year’s Eve weather forecast for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Mia Jankowicz
The cold snap continues in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar: here’s the weather forecast to help you get around today and for the remainder of 2017.
Though the snow has melted in many areas, some footpaths are still slippery with black ice after a crystal clear night last night.
A sunny day is forecast, with visibility rated good or very good, and temperatures between -1° and 3°.
However, with wind speeds of up to 23mph in the morning temperatures may feel as low as -6°, the Met Office states.
This looks like the last of the bright sunshine for the next seven days however, with a 90 per cent chance of heavy rain between 6-9am tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
After this, no further dramatic weather is predicted, and temperatures will improve to up to 7° before New Year’s Eve.
There is a low chance of rain and fairly constant cloud cover, with light breezes of up to 19mph to round off the year.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
You may get a peep of sunlight if you’re awake for New Year’s breakfast, but the first lunch break of 2018 (or hopefully, your first lazy brunch) has a 60 per cent chance of being rainy with grey skies.