New Year’s Eve weather forecast for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Mia Jankowicz
The cold snap continues in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar: here’s the weather forecast to help you get around today and for the remainder of 2017.
Though the snow has melted in many areas, some footpaths are still slippery with black ice after a crystal clear night last night.
A sunny day is forecast, with visibility rated good or very good, and temperatures between -1° and 3°.
However, with wind speeds of up to 23mph in the morning temperatures may feel as low as -6°, the Met Office states.
This looks like the last of the bright sunshine for the next seven days however, with a 90 per cent chance of heavy rain between 6-9am tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
After this, no further dramatic weather is predicted, and temperatures will improve to up to 7° before New Year’s Eve.
There is a low chance of rain and fairly constant cloud cover, with light breezes of up to 19mph to round off the year.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
You may get a peep of sunlight if you’re awake for New Year’s breakfast, but the first lunch break of 2018 (or hopefully, your first lazy brunch) has a 60 per cent chance of being rainy with grey skies.