New Year’s Eve weather forecast for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Mia Jankowicz
The cold snap continues in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar: here’s the weather forecast to help you get around today and for the remainder of 2017.
Though the snow has melted in many areas, some footpaths are still slippery with black ice after a crystal clear night last night.
A sunny day is forecast, with visibility rated good or very good, and temperatures between -1° and 3°.
However, with wind speeds of up to 23mph in the morning temperatures may feel as low as -6°, the Met Office states.
This looks like the last of the bright sunshine for the next seven days however, with a 90 per cent chance of heavy rain between 6-9am tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
After this, no further dramatic weather is predicted, and temperatures will improve to up to 7° before New Year’s Eve.
There is a low chance of rain and fairly constant cloud cover, with light breezes of up to 19mph to round off the year.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 9 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
You may get a peep of sunlight if you’re awake for New Year’s breakfast, but the first lunch break of 2018 (or hopefully, your first lazy brunch) has a 60 per cent chance of being rainy with grey skies.