Welwyn Garden City, Potters Bar and Hatfield Town all frozen out
THE winter weather once again decimated the Saturday sports fixtures with most football matches in Welwyn Hatfield called off.
SPORTS fixtures across Times Territory were badly hit by the weather yesterday (Saturday).
Football matches involved Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield Town and Potters Bar Town were all postponed.
WGC’s first Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division fixture of 2010 against Kingsbury London Tigers was called off due to a frozen pitch at Herns Lane.
Hatfield’s trip to Royston Town also fell victim to the cold snap yesterday.
Trevor Lloyd’s men are due to entertain Leverstock Green next weekend.
Just two of the SML Premier Division matches scheduled for Saturday were completed with Hertford Town’s match against Oxhey Jets abandoned after 75 minute.
- 1 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 2 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 5 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 6 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Hertfordshire County Council will fund free summer activity camps for children in the Welwyn Hatfield area
- 8 Vehicle caught fire on M25
- 9 Officers to tackle Potters Bar Nitrous Oxide sales as part of policing priorities
- 10 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
It was a similar story in the Herts Senior County League with only a handful of games going ahead.
Codicote’s home clash with Sandridge Rovers and the derby between Cuffley and Lemsford were both postponed in the Premier Division.
AFC Hatfield Town’s fixture away to Letchworth Garden City Eagles was also off in Senior Division One.
Kimpton Rovers did see some action in AFC’s division but went down 6-1 to Hinton.
Knebworth were another club to beat the weather – but not their opponents – as they lost 1-0 to Cheshunt FC Reserves in the Hertfordshire Intermediate Cup.
Potters Bar’s Ryman League Division One North match at home to Northwood on Saturday was also off due to a frozen pitch at the South Mimms Travel Stadium.
The Scholars are away to Lowestoft on Tuesday night and travel to Redbridge next Saturday.