Welwyn Garden City, Potters Bar and Hatfield Town all frozen out
THE winter weather once again decimated the Saturday sports fixtures with most football matches in Welwyn Hatfield called off.
SPORTS fixtures across Times Territory were badly hit by the weather yesterday (Saturday).
Football matches involved Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield Town and Potters Bar Town were all postponed.
WGC’s first Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division fixture of 2010 against Kingsbury London Tigers was called off due to a frozen pitch at Herns Lane.
Hatfield’s trip to Royston Town also fell victim to the cold snap yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor Lloyd’s men are due to entertain Leverstock Green next weekend.
Just two of the SML Premier Division matches scheduled for Saturday were completed with Hertford Town’s match against Oxhey Jets abandoned after 75 minute.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 10 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
It was a similar story in the Herts Senior County League with only a handful of games going ahead.
Codicote’s home clash with Sandridge Rovers and the derby between Cuffley and Lemsford were both postponed in the Premier Division.
AFC Hatfield Town’s fixture away to Letchworth Garden City Eagles was also off in Senior Division One.
Kimpton Rovers did see some action in AFC’s division but went down 6-1 to Hinton.
Knebworth were another club to beat the weather – but not their opponents – as they lost 1-0 to Cheshunt FC Reserves in the Hertfordshire Intermediate Cup.
Potters Bar’s Ryman League Division One North match at home to Northwood on Saturday was also off due to a frozen pitch at the South Mimms Travel Stadium.
The Scholars are away to Lowestoft on Tuesday night and travel to Redbridge next Saturday.