Welwyn Garden City, Potters Bar and Hatfield Town all frozen out
THE winter weather once again decimated the Saturday sports fixtures with most football matches in Welwyn Hatfield called off.
SPORTS fixtures across Times Territory were badly hit by the weather yesterday (Saturday).
Football matches involved Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield Town and Potters Bar Town were all postponed.
WGC’s first Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division fixture of 2010 against Kingsbury London Tigers was called off due to a frozen pitch at Herns Lane.
Hatfield’s trip to Royston Town also fell victim to the cold snap yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor Lloyd’s men are due to entertain Leverstock Green next weekend.
Just two of the SML Premier Division matches scheduled for Saturday were completed with Hertford Town’s match against Oxhey Jets abandoned after 75 minute.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
It was a similar story in the Herts Senior County League with only a handful of games going ahead.
Codicote’s home clash with Sandridge Rovers and the derby between Cuffley and Lemsford were both postponed in the Premier Division.
AFC Hatfield Town’s fixture away to Letchworth Garden City Eagles was also off in Senior Division One.
Kimpton Rovers did see some action in AFC’s division but went down 6-1 to Hinton.
Knebworth were another club to beat the weather – but not their opponents – as they lost 1-0 to Cheshunt FC Reserves in the Hertfordshire Intermediate Cup.
Potters Bar’s Ryman League Division One North match at home to Northwood on Saturday was also off due to a frozen pitch at the South Mimms Travel Stadium.
The Scholars are away to Lowestoft on Tuesday night and travel to Redbridge next Saturday.