Possibility of snow in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
As temperatures start to plummet, the Met Office is warning of the possibility of snow in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar.
There is a chance that we may see some light snowfall on Tuesday afternoon next week, according to the latest Met Office forecast. Today, temperatures are expected to be about average for this time of year - with a maximum temperature 8 °C.
We are likely to get some bright or sunny spells, and a few light showers are possible.
The Met office predicts it will be a clear night tonight with “temperatures falling, allowing for patchy frost or fog to develop by dawn. Minimum temperature -2 °C”.
Tomorrow, Thursday, starts to feel colder.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office states: “Largely dry with sunny spells.
“Feeling a little colder with temperatures down a degree or two from Wednesday.”
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 5 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
The maximum temperature is expected to be 6 °C.
Brace yourself for the weekend, as it is set to become colder with “sharp over night frosts and a strengthening easterly wind chill”.
Don’t forget your sunglasses though, because there are set to be sunny periods throughout.
The Met Office is warning of “an increasing risk of snow showers” after the weekend, in particular on Tuesday afternoon.