Possibility of snow in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
As temperatures start to plummet, the Met Office is warning of the possibility of snow in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar.
There is a chance that we may see some light snowfall on Tuesday afternoon next week, according to the latest Met Office forecast. Today, temperatures are expected to be about average for this time of year - with a maximum temperature 8 °C.
We are likely to get some bright or sunny spells, and a few light showers are possible.
The Met office predicts it will be a clear night tonight with “temperatures falling, allowing for patchy frost or fog to develop by dawn. Minimum temperature -2 °C”.
Tomorrow, Thursday, starts to feel colder.
The Met Office states: “Largely dry with sunny spells.
“Feeling a little colder with temperatures down a degree or two from Wednesday.”
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 5 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 6 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 7 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 8 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 9 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 10 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
The maximum temperature is expected to be 6 °C.
Brace yourself for the weekend, as it is set to become colder with “sharp over night frosts and a strengthening easterly wind chill”.
Don’t forget your sunglasses though, because there are set to be sunny periods throughout.
The Met Office is warning of “an increasing risk of snow showers” after the weekend, in particular on Tuesday afternoon.