Possibility of snow in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
As temperatures start to plummet, the Met Office is warning of the possibility of snow in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar.
There is a chance that we may see some light snowfall on Tuesday afternoon next week, according to the latest Met Office forecast. Today, temperatures are expected to be about average for this time of year - with a maximum temperature 8 °C.
We are likely to get some bright or sunny spells, and a few light showers are possible.
The Met office predicts it will be a clear night tonight with “temperatures falling, allowing for patchy frost or fog to develop by dawn. Minimum temperature -2 °C”.
Tomorrow, Thursday, starts to feel colder.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office states: “Largely dry with sunny spells.
“Feeling a little colder with temperatures down a degree or two from Wednesday.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park
The maximum temperature is expected to be 6 °C.
Brace yourself for the weekend, as it is set to become colder with “sharp over night frosts and a strengthening easterly wind chill”.
Don’t forget your sunglasses though, because there are set to be sunny periods throughout.
The Met Office is warning of “an increasing risk of snow showers” after the weekend, in particular on Tuesday afternoon.