Weather won’t stop the Welwyn Hatfield Rotary Walk
THE weather forecast may be less than brilliant – but don’t let that put you off taking part in the Welwyn Hatfield Rotary Walk, tomorrow (Sunday).
Entries have flooded in for this year’s annual sponsored walk which is, as ever, being backed by the Welwyn Hatfield Times.
And the current outlook for tomorrow may indicate rain, but the event will be far from a damp squib.
You’ll still be able to marvel at the bluebells in full bloom along the route – one of the main reasons the event has been brought forward from its traditional spot on the second Sunday in May.
And the dozens already signed up will be helping to raise thousands of pounds for good causes.
You may also want to watch:
Event spokesman John Hopley said: “Let’s make it a bumper year, get out your walking shoes, enjoy a stroll in our wonderful local countryside and help hard-pressed local charities who will be only too grateful for your support.”
The walk starts and finishes at Campus West car park, WGC.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
Walkers can choose between a short circular route of five miles or a longer walk of 11 miles, which goes to Ayot St Lawrence and back via Brocket Park.
There is also a new two-mile route along the former railway line path to the Red Lion pub and back.
Walkers on all routes should start between 9am and 10.30am and should aim to finish by 3.30pm. For more information visit www.whwalk.org.uk or call 01582 832679.