Yellow weather warning for snow and ice in Hertfordshire again next week
- Credit: Kelly Baker
Snow, with a risk of widespread ice, is likely to hit Hertfordshire from late Monday, bringing difficult travel conditions according to the Met Office.
The snowy days last week were enjoyed by residents throughout Welwyn Hatfield, St Albans, North Herts and Stevenage, who sent in their pictures.
But according to the Met Office, snow could mean possible travel delays on roads - stranding some vehicles and passengers - with bus and train services potentially delayed or cancelled.
Some road closures and longer journey times are possible and power cuts may occur and other services, such as mobile phone coverage, may be affected.
A chance of injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces and untreated pavements and cycle paths might be impassable.
The frosty weather could last until Wednesday.
- 1 Hatfield to get new pub following £9 million investment
- 2 Hatfield man faces murder charge
- 3 'It's incredible that this could save someone’s life'
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 6 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 7 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 10 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?