Welwyn Hatfield could face torrential downpours, thunderstorms, and hail tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow alert for Welwyn Hatfield, with heavy rainfall, thunderstorms, and possibly hail forecast for tomorrow afternoon.
The Met Office has issued a yellow alert for Welwyn Hatfield with heavy rainfall, thunderstorms, and possibly hail forecast for tomorrow afternoon.
The rain is expected between 1pm and 11pm on Friday, June 2, most likely at 2pm, when there is a 40 per cent chance of rain.
The Met Office has said very warm, humid air coming up from France is creating the threat of thunderstorms, which could produce between 25 and 30mm of rain in an hour.
The alert covers most of Hertfordshire, including Stevenage and Hemel Hempstead, as well as Essex and East Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
There is the risk the rainfall could create some surface water on the roads, which won’t be helped by frequent lightning and possible hail.
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 5 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 6 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 7 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12