Welwyn Hatfield could face torrential downpours, thunderstorms, and hail tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow alert for Welwyn Hatfield, with heavy rainfall, thunderstorms, and possibly hail forecast for tomorrow afternoon.
The Met Office has issued a yellow alert for Welwyn Hatfield with heavy rainfall, thunderstorms, and possibly hail forecast for tomorrow afternoon.
The rain is expected between 1pm and 11pm on Friday, June 2, most likely at 2pm, when there is a 40 per cent chance of rain.
The Met Office has said very warm, humid air coming up from France is creating the threat of thunderstorms, which could produce between 25 and 30mm of rain in an hour.
The alert covers most of Hertfordshire, including Stevenage and Hemel Hempstead, as well as Essex and East Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
There is the risk the rainfall could create some surface water on the roads, which won’t be helped by frequent lightning and possible hail.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics