Yellow weather warning for high winds across Hertfordshire as Storm Gareth hits
- Credit: Google Streetview
The Met office has forecast high winds in a yellow weather warning affecting St Albans, Welwyn Hatfield, Stevenage, Royston and beyond.
Storm Gareth is upon us and is expected to bring gusts of 50 to 55 miles per hour to inland areas.
Weather forecasters warn of possible transport disruption as strong west to northwesterly winds hit the UK.
Delays are expected on some bus and train routes as well as for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges.
There is also the possibility of a short-term loss of power.
You may also want to watch:
Heavy rain is predicted across the county until late afternoon today across Hertfordshire.
In a tweet earlier today, Hertfordshire County Council said: “High winds this week have caused an increase in fallen trees and branches,” and reminded road users to report any blocked highways to hertfordshire.gov.uk/faultreporting
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 6 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled