Warning over possible snow and ice for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a Yellow weather warning for Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar, predicting ice and possible snow by 10am tomorrow.
We are in for a “cold and frosty night,” tonight (Tuesday), according to the Met Office website, with the possibility of snowfall.
Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar are just on the edge of the warning area, so Hatfield is predicted to escape the snow and ice.
Temperatures are predicted to be between -3° and 2°.
The Met Office said online: “Snow is expected to spread in during the first half of the night.
“Icy patches are then possible by dawn.”
Visibility will remain clear but drivers should take care on possible icy patches on the morning commute.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 10 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
Winter sunshine is predicted for the East of England on Wednesday, with a frosty start on Thursday and a possibility of rain early on Friday.
We may get a slight respite from the cold snap on Saturday, when the temperatures are expected to be milder, with a touch of rain and breezes later in the day.