Warning over possible snow and ice for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a Yellow weather warning for Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar, predicting ice and possible snow by 10am tomorrow.
We are in for a “cold and frosty night,” tonight (Tuesday), according to the Met Office website, with the possibility of snowfall.
Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar are just on the edge of the warning area, so Hatfield is predicted to escape the snow and ice.
Temperatures are predicted to be between -3° and 2°.
The Met Office said online: “Snow is expected to spread in during the first half of the night.
You may also want to watch:
“Icy patches are then possible by dawn.”
Visibility will remain clear but drivers should take care on possible icy patches on the morning commute.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
Winter sunshine is predicted for the East of England on Wednesday, with a frosty start on Thursday and a possibility of rain early on Friday.
We may get a slight respite from the cold snap on Saturday, when the temperatures are expected to be milder, with a touch of rain and breezes later in the day.