Warning over possible snow and ice for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a Yellow weather warning for Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar, predicting ice and possible snow by 10am tomorrow.
We are in for a “cold and frosty night,” tonight (Tuesday), according to the Met Office website, with the possibility of snowfall.
Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar are just on the edge of the warning area, so Hatfield is predicted to escape the snow and ice.
Temperatures are predicted to be between -3° and 2°.
The Met Office said online: “Snow is expected to spread in during the first half of the night.
You may also want to watch:
“Icy patches are then possible by dawn.”
Visibility will remain clear but drivers should take care on possible icy patches on the morning commute.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
Winter sunshine is predicted for the East of England on Wednesday, with a frosty start on Thursday and a possibility of rain early on Friday.
We may get a slight respite from the cold snap on Saturday, when the temperatures are expected to be milder, with a touch of rain and breezes later in the day.