Warning over possible snow and ice for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a Yellow weather warning for Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar, predicting ice and possible snow by 10am tomorrow.
We are in for a “cold and frosty night,” tonight (Tuesday), according to the Met Office website, with the possibility of snowfall.
Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar are just on the edge of the warning area, so Hatfield is predicted to escape the snow and ice.
Temperatures are predicted to be between -3° and 2°.
The Met Office said online: “Snow is expected to spread in during the first half of the night.
“Icy patches are then possible by dawn.”
Visibility will remain clear but drivers should take care on possible icy patches on the morning commute.
- 1 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 2 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 3 Hatfield fixer-upper with lake on sale for £2.5m
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 5 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 6 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 10 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
Winter sunshine is predicted for the East of England on Wednesday, with a frosty start on Thursday and a possibility of rain early on Friday.
We may get a slight respite from the cold snap on Saturday, when the temperatures are expected to be milder, with a touch of rain and breezes later in the day.