Warning over possible snow and ice for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a Yellow weather warning for Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar, predicting ice and possible snow by 10am tomorrow.
We are in for a “cold and frosty night,” tonight (Tuesday), according to the Met Office website, with the possibility of snowfall.
Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar are just on the edge of the warning area, so Hatfield is predicted to escape the snow and ice.
Temperatures are predicted to be between -3° and 2°.
The Met Office said online: “Snow is expected to spread in during the first half of the night.
You may also want to watch:
“Icy patches are then possible by dawn.”
Visibility will remain clear but drivers should take care on possible icy patches on the morning commute.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return
Winter sunshine is predicted for the East of England on Wednesday, with a frosty start on Thursday and a possibility of rain early on Friday.
We may get a slight respite from the cold snap on Saturday, when the temperatures are expected to be milder, with a touch of rain and breezes later in the day.