Trees block roads in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City after high winds
- Credit: Archant
Trees blown over by high winds have blocked busy roads in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City today.
Herts police closed Hammonds Lane between Coopers Green Lane and Tower Hill Lane today because a tree had fallen across the highway.
Officers Tweeted: “Please do not attempt to use the road. It is closed for your safety. Please find another route.”
The road has since reopened.
Additionally, pictures of a large tree across a road labelled as Knightsfield in Welwyn Garden City have been shared on social media.
You may also want to watch:
More information on that incident as it becomes available.
This comes as Storm Gareth approaches Britain and the Met Office issue a number of National Severe Weather Warnings across the country, including high winds for the south.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 6 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 10 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
Have you seen any other roads blocked by trees? Let us know at email@example.com