Trees block roads in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City after high winds
- Credit: Archant
Trees blown over by high winds have blocked busy roads in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City today.
Herts police closed Hammonds Lane between Coopers Green Lane and Tower Hill Lane today because a tree had fallen across the highway.
Officers Tweeted: “Please do not attempt to use the road. It is closed for your safety. Please find another route.”
The road has since reopened.
Additionally, pictures of a large tree across a road labelled as Knightsfield in Welwyn Garden City have been shared on social media.
You may also want to watch:
More information on that incident as it becomes available.
This comes as Storm Gareth approaches Britain and the Met Office issue a number of National Severe Weather Warnings across the country, including high winds for the south.
- 1 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 9 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- 10 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
Have you seen any other roads blocked by trees? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org