Trees block roads in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City after high winds
- Credit: Archant
Trees blown over by high winds have blocked busy roads in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City today.
Herts police closed Hammonds Lane between Coopers Green Lane and Tower Hill Lane today because a tree had fallen across the highway.
Officers Tweeted: “Please do not attempt to use the road. It is closed for your safety. Please find another route.”
The road has since reopened.
Additionally, pictures of a large tree across a road labelled as Knightsfield in Welwyn Garden City have been shared on social media.
You may also want to watch:
More information on that incident as it becomes available.
This comes as Storm Gareth approaches Britain and the Met Office issue a number of National Severe Weather Warnings across the country, including high winds for the south.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
Have you seen any other roads blocked by trees? Let us know at email@example.com