Total wipeout as snow decimates Welwyn Hatfield sporting fixtures
SNOW decimated today’s (Saturday’s) sporting fixtures across Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield.
All football matches in the Spartan South Midlands League were cancelled because of heavy snow on already icy pitches frozen solid after days of sub-zero temperatures.
Among the games called off were Hatfield Town’s trip to Kentish Town in the SML Premier Division and Welwyn Garden City’s Division One match at Stony Stratford Town.
Reserve fixtures involving Hatfield and the Citizens also fell victim to the weather.
It was the same story in the Herts Senior County League, with all matches postponed due to the snow.
You may also want to watch:
A fresh blanket of snow fell at lunchtime across the borough today, meaning no games were possible on the final Saturday before Christmas.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield