Met Office forecasts snow in Hertfordshire this week
- Credit: Archant
Just as many of us have got used to the bright sunshine and warm temperatures it looks as if the Great British weather may take another turn.
The Met Office have forecast that this week (March 28-April 3) that the East of England will see snow.
The East of England covers Hertfordshire including Stevenage, St Albans, Harpenden, Letchworth Garden City, Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Royston.
The Met Office said: "Cloudy for most, with outbreaks of rain moving slowly southwards.
"Perhaps brighter in the south. Rain turning to snow in places later. Feeling much colder than recently. Maximum temperature 7 °C.
"From Thursday to Saturday: Rain and snow clearing south at first, followed by sunny spells and wintry showers, most frequent near the coasts.
"Windy on Thursday. Cold, with widespread frosts overnight."
- 1 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 2 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 3 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 4 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 5 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 6 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 7 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 8 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
- 9 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 10 Liam Gallagher and sons star in new Sky special '48 Hours at Rockfield' ahead of Knebworth Park return
Current forecasts for today (March 29) and tomorrow (March 30) show a mix of overcast clouds and light rain.