Snow warning for Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
There is a chance of snow in Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar tonight.
The Met Office has issued a warning for severe weather across Hertfordshire.
The ‘yellow warning’ means that there is likely to be sleet and snow tonight, which will gradually clear on Thursday morning.
According to the Met Office, two to five centimetres of snow could fall during the night in the space of about two to three hours.
The Chief Forecaster stated on the Met Office website: “There is a risk of rain turning to snow in places. As nearly always in such situations, the rain-snow balance will be a tricky one, influenced by how heavy the precipitation is (the heavier it is, the more likely that the rain will turn to snow).
You may also want to watch:
“For this reason, across some parts of the area, the precipitation may stay as light rain, while other places may see enough snow to cause a few problems.”
Temperatures in Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar are predicted to reach a minimum temperature of 1°C tonight, falling to -1°C tomorrow.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
Welwyn Hatfield Council has advised residents to sign up to text alerts to be notified if bin collections are disrupted by the weather. To sign up to text alerts text WASTE followed by your house number or house name and your postcode to 88020