More snow forecast: weather update for Welwyn Hatfield
- Credit: Mia Jankowicz
Brace yourselves for the likelihood of heavy snow and sub-zero temperatures in Welwyn Hatfield
There is an 80 per cent chance of heavy snow in Welwyn Hatfield from 11am today, according to the Met Office.
This is predicted to calm down with a peek of sunshine by around 4pm, and a chance of light snow showers for the rest of the day.
By early evening, temperatures could be as low as -5° C, but thanks to wind chill from a moderate breeze of up to 22mph, the “feels like” temperature could be more like -12° C.
The Met Office also has extended its yellow warning for snow until Saturday March 3.
There is a 50 per cent chance of further light snow on mornings and evenings until the weekend.
Temperatures will remain in the minus figures until Sunday, when they might just creep back up into the positive numbers.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 4 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 7 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital
- 10 Flooding in Hatfield 'damages' vehicles