More snow forecast: weather update for Welwyn Hatfield
- Credit: Mia Jankowicz
Brace yourselves for the likelihood of heavy snow and sub-zero temperatures in Welwyn Hatfield
There is an 80 per cent chance of heavy snow in Welwyn Hatfield from 11am today, according to the Met Office.
This is predicted to calm down with a peek of sunshine by around 4pm, and a chance of light snow showers for the rest of the day.
By early evening, temperatures could be as low as -5° C, but thanks to wind chill from a moderate breeze of up to 22mph, the “feels like” temperature could be more like -12° C.
The Met Office also has extended its yellow warning for snow until Saturday March 3.
You may also want to watch:
There is a 50 per cent chance of further light snow on mornings and evenings until the weekend.
Temperatures will remain in the minus figures until Sunday, when they might just creep back up into the positive numbers.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist