More snow forecast: weather update for Welwyn Hatfield
- Credit: Mia Jankowicz
Brace yourselves for the likelihood of heavy snow and sub-zero temperatures in Welwyn Hatfield
There is an 80 per cent chance of heavy snow in Welwyn Hatfield from 11am today, according to the Met Office.
This is predicted to calm down with a peek of sunshine by around 4pm, and a chance of light snow showers for the rest of the day.
By early evening, temperatures could be as low as -5° C, but thanks to wind chill from a moderate breeze of up to 22mph, the “feels like” temperature could be more like -12° C.
The Met Office also has extended its yellow warning for snow until Saturday March 3.
You may also want to watch:
There is a 50 per cent chance of further light snow on mornings and evenings until the weekend.
Temperatures will remain in the minus figures until Sunday, when they might just creep back up into the positive numbers.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 4 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 5 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 8 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 Head of planning to leave for county council role