More snow forecast: weather update for Welwyn Hatfield
- Credit: Mia Jankowicz
Brace yourselves for the likelihood of heavy snow and sub-zero temperatures in Welwyn Hatfield
There is an 80 per cent chance of heavy snow in Welwyn Hatfield from 11am today, according to the Met Office.
This is predicted to calm down with a peek of sunshine by around 4pm, and a chance of light snow showers for the rest of the day.
By early evening, temperatures could be as low as -5° C, but thanks to wind chill from a moderate breeze of up to 22mph, the “feels like” temperature could be more like -12° C.
The Met Office also has extended its yellow warning for snow until Saturday March 3.
You may also want to watch:
There is a 50 per cent chance of further light snow on mornings and evenings until the weekend.
Temperatures will remain in the minus figures until Sunday, when they might just creep back up into the positive numbers.
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 4 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Remembering the life of daring test pilot Geoffrey de Havilland Jr - 75 years on from his tragic death
- 10 Riding charity holds online art and photography competition