Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar weekend weather forecast
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for the area until mid morning, but says the rest of the weekend should be less cold.
The yellow weather warning is in place until 11am today, with temperatures just creeping up to a possible 3 °C.
No more snow is forecast for the weekend or coming week as temperatures are expected to climb back up to a maximum of 7°C on Sunday and possibly even 8°C on Monday and Tuesday.
The Met Office forecast for today is “slightly milder” and cloudy.
“Generally cloudy conditions will prevail. Widespread icy conditions prevailing. Maximum temperature 3 °C,” the Met Office states.
You may also want to watch:
Tonight we can expect it to be cloudy and misty.
Compacted snow on the ground is likely to freeze so beware of icy roads and paths.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 6 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 7 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
Sunday’s forecast by the Met Office is “low cloud and mist slow to clear, allowing only limited sunny intervals to develop. Meanwhile showers or longer spells of rain continue, perhaps with some heavier bursts”.
Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar can expect rain early in the morning on Sunday with a break mid morning and then more rain by 11am continuing into most of the afternoon.
Monday through to Wednesday should be milder and less windy, but with possible “widespread low cloud and patchy fog”.