Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar weekend weather forecast
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for the area until mid morning, but says the rest of the weekend should be less cold.
The yellow weather warning is in place until 11am today, with temperatures just creeping up to a possible 3 °C.
No more snow is forecast for the weekend or coming week as temperatures are expected to climb back up to a maximum of 7°C on Sunday and possibly even 8°C on Monday and Tuesday.
The Met Office forecast for today is “slightly milder” and cloudy.
“Generally cloudy conditions will prevail. Widespread icy conditions prevailing. Maximum temperature 3 °C,” the Met Office states.
Tonight we can expect it to be cloudy and misty.
Compacted snow on the ground is likely to freeze so beware of icy roads and paths.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 4 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 5 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 6 Tournament's return brings huge joy to Welwyn Garden City Youth Football Club
- 7 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 8 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
Sunday’s forecast by the Met Office is “low cloud and mist slow to clear, allowing only limited sunny intervals to develop. Meanwhile showers or longer spells of rain continue, perhaps with some heavier bursts”.
Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar can expect rain early in the morning on Sunday with a break mid morning and then more rain by 11am continuing into most of the afternoon.
Monday through to Wednesday should be milder and less windy, but with possible “widespread low cloud and patchy fog”.