‘Severe’ weather warning for Welwyn Hatfield as snow is forecast
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning, stating that there is a chance that snow could cause disruption to road, rail and air services today.
The Met Office is predicting highs of 5°C and lows of -1 today.
It warns of heavy rain moving eastwards during the day.
This rain is then likely to turn to snow during the evening rush hour.
The Met Office adds: “There is a chance of snow settling with disruption to road, rail and air services as well as interruptions to power supplies and other utilities - this more likely across East Anglia and southeast England.
You may also want to watch:
“Associated heavy rain and strong winds may prove additional hazards.
“As skies clear on Thursday night there is also potential for widespread ice to form quite rapidly on untreated surfaces.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 9 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
Send us your weather pictures by emailing them to email@example.com
You can also share them via our Welwyn Hatfield Times Facebook page or tweet your snaps to @whtimes