‘Severe’ weather warning for Welwyn Hatfield as snow is forecast
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning, stating that there is a chance that snow could cause disruption to road, rail and air services today.
The Met Office is predicting highs of 5°C and lows of -1 today.
It warns of heavy rain moving eastwards during the day.
This rain is then likely to turn to snow during the evening rush hour.
The Met Office adds: “There is a chance of snow settling with disruption to road, rail and air services as well as interruptions to power supplies and other utilities - this more likely across East Anglia and southeast England.
You may also want to watch:
“Associated heavy rain and strong winds may prove additional hazards.
“As skies clear on Thursday night there is also potential for widespread ice to form quite rapidly on untreated surfaces.”
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
Send us your weather pictures by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also share them via our Welwyn Hatfield Times Facebook page or tweet your snaps to @whtimes