‘Severe’ weather warning for Welwyn Hatfield as snow is forecast
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning, stating that there is a chance that snow could cause disruption to road, rail and air services today.
The Met Office is predicting highs of 5°C and lows of -1 today.
It warns of heavy rain moving eastwards during the day.
This rain is then likely to turn to snow during the evening rush hour.
The Met Office adds: “There is a chance of snow settling with disruption to road, rail and air services as well as interruptions to power supplies and other utilities - this more likely across East Anglia and southeast England.
You may also want to watch:
“Associated heavy rain and strong winds may prove additional hazards.
“As skies clear on Thursday night there is also potential for widespread ice to form quite rapidly on untreated surfaces.”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
Send us your weather pictures by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also share them via our Welwyn Hatfield Times Facebook page or tweet your snaps to @whtimes