‘Severe’ weather warning for Welwyn Hatfield as snow is forecast
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning, stating that there is a chance that snow could cause disruption to road, rail and air services today.
The Met Office is predicting highs of 5°C and lows of -1 today.
It warns of heavy rain moving eastwards during the day.
This rain is then likely to turn to snow during the evening rush hour.
The Met Office adds: “There is a chance of snow settling with disruption to road, rail and air services as well as interruptions to power supplies and other utilities - this more likely across East Anglia and southeast England.
You may also want to watch:
“Associated heavy rain and strong winds may prove additional hazards.
“As skies clear on Thursday night there is also potential for widespread ice to form quite rapidly on untreated surfaces.”
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 4 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 5 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 6 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 7 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Isabel Hospice Lights of Love ceremonies return to celebrate the lives of loved ones lost
Send us your weather pictures by emailing them to email@example.com
You can also share them via our Welwyn Hatfield Times Facebook page or tweet your snaps to @whtimes