Second day of cancelled rubbish collections in Welwyn Hatfield
Welwyn Hatfield Council has confirmed refuse and recycling collections will not take place today (Tuesday).
For the second day the council's contractor Serco will not be picking up rubbish across the borough, causing further misery for residents. A council spokeswoman had told residents who failed to have a collection on Monday to leave their rubbish out for collection today (Tuesday), as workers were expected to collect a double round.
But now both Monday and Tuesday rounds will not be collected in full.
The spokeswoman said: "Refuse and recycling collections planned for today are cancelled.
"Therefore, the council will continue to undertake it's snow clearance plan.
You may also want to watch:
"Serco teams will continue finishing off clearing snow from priority areas as identified in its plan.
"As some main roads are now clear, we will endeavour to provide a service tomorrow.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 8 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 9 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
"We may also be in a position to collect some cancelled collections from Monday and Tuesday, particularly from the main roads."