Second day of cancelled rubbish collections in Welwyn Hatfield
Welwyn Hatfield Council has confirmed refuse and recycling collections will not take place today (Tuesday).
For the second day the council's contractor Serco will not be picking up rubbish across the borough, causing further misery for residents. A council spokeswoman had told residents who failed to have a collection on Monday to leave their rubbish out for collection today (Tuesday), as workers were expected to collect a double round.
But now both Monday and Tuesday rounds will not be collected in full.
The spokeswoman said: "Refuse and recycling collections planned for today are cancelled.
"Therefore, the council will continue to undertake it's snow clearance plan.
You may also want to watch:
"Serco teams will continue finishing off clearing snow from priority areas as identified in its plan.
"As some main roads are now clear, we will endeavour to provide a service tomorrow.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
"We may also be in a position to collect some cancelled collections from Monday and Tuesday, particularly from the main roads."