Second day of cancelled rubbish collections in Welwyn Hatfield
Welwyn Hatfield Council has confirmed refuse and recycling collections will not take place today (Tuesday).
For the second day the council's contractor Serco will not be picking up rubbish across the borough, causing further misery for residents. A council spokeswoman had told residents who failed to have a collection on Monday to leave their rubbish out for collection today (Tuesday), as workers were expected to collect a double round.
But now both Monday and Tuesday rounds will not be collected in full.
The spokeswoman said: "Refuse and recycling collections planned for today are cancelled.
"Therefore, the council will continue to undertake it's snow clearance plan.
"Serco teams will continue finishing off clearing snow from priority areas as identified in its plan.
"As some main roads are now clear, we will endeavour to provide a service tomorrow.
- 1 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 2 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 5 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 6 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 7 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 8 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 9 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
- 10 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
"We may also be in a position to collect some cancelled collections from Monday and Tuesday, particularly from the main roads."