Second day of cancelled rubbish collections in Welwyn Hatfield
Welwyn Hatfield Council has confirmed refuse and recycling collections will not take place today (Tuesday).
For the second day the council's contractor Serco will not be picking up rubbish across the borough, causing further misery for residents. A council spokeswoman had told residents who failed to have a collection on Monday to leave their rubbish out for collection today (Tuesday), as workers were expected to collect a double round.
But now both Monday and Tuesday rounds will not be collected in full.
The spokeswoman said: "Refuse and recycling collections planned for today are cancelled.
"Therefore, the council will continue to undertake it's snow clearance plan.
You may also want to watch:
"Serco teams will continue finishing off clearing snow from priority areas as identified in its plan.
"As some main roads are now clear, we will endeavour to provide a service tomorrow.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
"We may also be in a position to collect some cancelled collections from Monday and Tuesday, particularly from the main roads."