Snowy scenes in Potters Bar captured on camera
- Credit: Archant
Residents have been enjoying the snowfall in Potters Bar, in particular at picturesque Oakmere Park.
Gerry Fitzsimons, 45, who grew up in Potters Bar, took pictures of snow-covered Oakmere Park yesterday morning.
Gerry, who lives in Cheshunt and works for Barons BMW, said: “I stayed at my mum’s on Saturday evening after a night out in Barnet.
“I was out for a brisk walk on Sunday morning when I came across the beauty of Oakmere Park under a heavy covering of snow.”
Signmaker Matt Dickins, 34, who has always lived in Potters Bar, was impressed by the amount of snowfall and took some snaps in Chace Avenue.
He said: “I love the snow.
“I’m just a big kid at heart really.
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 8 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed for more than seven years
“We don’t get enough heavy snowfalls in this area.”