Bird’s eye view of Potters Bar in the snow
- Credit: Archant
Drone operator Darren Lee, 20, has been out and about capturing pictures of snow-covered Potters Bar from the sky.
Former Dame Alice Owen’s School pupil Darren, of Shillitoe Avenue, braved yesterday’s Arctic weather conditions to fly his drone.
He has been running his business, Darren Lee Media, for about a year and a half and often does wedding photography and videos.
Darren, who has always lived in Potters Bar, said: “It looked lovely outside so I just thought I would take the drone up.
“It was quite windy and a bit wet, so it was a bit scary because drones are quite pricey!
You may also want to watch:
“But the pictures are lovely.
“You can see miles and miles of pure white.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
“It just shows how crazy it was out there.
“I wasn’t expecting this much snow.”
Darren has always enjoyed photography and is particularly enthusiastic about his drone, a DJI Mavic Pro.
He said: “It’s a thrill because you see more than the eye can see being up above.
“It just makes a really cool perspective.
“The snow pictures were taken from just above my house.”
The pictures show Shillitoe Avenue, Mimms Hall Road and Auckland Road, to name but a few.
If you like Darren’s work, you can find out more at Darren Lee Media on Facebook or at www.darrenleemedia.com