More bad weather expected to hit Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
More bad weather is expected to hit Welwyn Hatfield in the coming days according to Hertfordshire County Council.
More heavy rain is expected to descend on the rain-sodden county this week and councillors are urging people to be prepared.
Richard Thake, cabinet member for community safety, said: “The flooding has had a significant impact across the county and I would like to reassure our communities that authorities in Hertfordshire have been working very hard to assist residents.
“We’re expecting more heavy rain this week and I strongly encourage everyone, and especially those unfortunate enough to have already been affected by the floods, to be prepared.”
If you have concerns that your property is at risk from flood water, it may be worth purchasing sandbags from your local builders’ merchants.
You may also want to watch:
Terry Douris, Cabinet Member for Highways, said: “I would like to thank everyone who has worked so hard over the weekend to get roads reopened or, where necessary, divert traffic.
“With more rain forecast, road travel this week is likely to be difficult at times and I’d like to remind everyone to plan ahead and allow extra time for journeys.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
“Most importantly, please observe road closures and don’t try to drive through flood water.”
The situation is changing rapidly so follow Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue on @HertsFRSControl and Highways on @Herts_Highways for updates on road closures and advice.
Information on road closures is also available on
* For pictures of flooding in Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Potters Bar and surrounding villages visit here.