More bad weather expected to hit Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
More bad weather is expected to hit Welwyn Hatfield in the coming days according to Hertfordshire County Council.
More heavy rain is expected to descend on the rain-sodden county this week and councillors are urging people to be prepared.
Richard Thake, cabinet member for community safety, said: “The flooding has had a significant impact across the county and I would like to reassure our communities that authorities in Hertfordshire have been working very hard to assist residents.
“We’re expecting more heavy rain this week and I strongly encourage everyone, and especially those unfortunate enough to have already been affected by the floods, to be prepared.”
If you have concerns that your property is at risk from flood water, it may be worth purchasing sandbags from your local builders’ merchants.
You may also want to watch:
Terry Douris, Cabinet Member for Highways, said: “I would like to thank everyone who has worked so hard over the weekend to get roads reopened or, where necessary, divert traffic.
“With more rain forecast, road travel this week is likely to be difficult at times and I’d like to remind everyone to plan ahead and allow extra time for journeys.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return
“Most importantly, please observe road closures and don’t try to drive through flood water.”
The situation is changing rapidly so follow Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue on @HertsFRSControl and Highways on @Herts_Highways for updates on road closures and advice.
Information on road closures is also available on
* For pictures of flooding in Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Potters Bar and surrounding villages visit here.