More bad weather expected to hit Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
More bad weather is expected to hit Welwyn Hatfield in the coming days according to Hertfordshire County Council.
More heavy rain is expected to descend on the rain-sodden county this week and councillors are urging people to be prepared.
Richard Thake, cabinet member for community safety, said: “The flooding has had a significant impact across the county and I would like to reassure our communities that authorities in Hertfordshire have been working very hard to assist residents.
“We’re expecting more heavy rain this week and I strongly encourage everyone, and especially those unfortunate enough to have already been affected by the floods, to be prepared.”
If you have concerns that your property is at risk from flood water, it may be worth purchasing sandbags from your local builders’ merchants.
You may also want to watch:
Terry Douris, Cabinet Member for Highways, said: “I would like to thank everyone who has worked so hard over the weekend to get roads reopened or, where necessary, divert traffic.
“With more rain forecast, road travel this week is likely to be difficult at times and I’d like to remind everyone to plan ahead and allow extra time for journeys.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
“Most importantly, please observe road closures and don’t try to drive through flood water.”
The situation is changing rapidly so follow Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue on @HertsFRSControl and Highways on @Herts_Highways for updates on road closures and advice.
Information on road closures is also available on
* For pictures of flooding in Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Potters Bar and surrounding villages visit here.