More bad weather expected to hit Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
More bad weather is expected to hit Welwyn Hatfield in the coming days according to Hertfordshire County Council.
More heavy rain is expected to descend on the rain-sodden county this week and councillors are urging people to be prepared.
Richard Thake, cabinet member for community safety, said: “The flooding has had a significant impact across the county and I would like to reassure our communities that authorities in Hertfordshire have been working very hard to assist residents.
“We’re expecting more heavy rain this week and I strongly encourage everyone, and especially those unfortunate enough to have already been affected by the floods, to be prepared.”
If you have concerns that your property is at risk from flood water, it may be worth purchasing sandbags from your local builders’ merchants.
You may also want to watch:
Terry Douris, Cabinet Member for Highways, said: “I would like to thank everyone who has worked so hard over the weekend to get roads reopened or, where necessary, divert traffic.
“With more rain forecast, road travel this week is likely to be difficult at times and I’d like to remind everyone to plan ahead and allow extra time for journeys.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 5 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 9 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 10 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
“Most importantly, please observe road closures and don’t try to drive through flood water.”
The situation is changing rapidly so follow Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue on @HertsFRSControl and Highways on @Herts_Highways for updates on road closures and advice.
Information on road closures is also available on
* For pictures of flooding in Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Potters Bar and surrounding villages visit here.